Discussion: Trump Won't Commit To Supporting Pence If He Ran For President In 2024

1 Like

His loyalty knows no bounds.

26 Likes

So, it’s all Trump, all the time at TPM this morning. Count me out.

13 Likes

2024 election? Pence? You’ve got to be kidding. It’ll be my 3rd term. King of the USA and maybe even the Prince of Whales!

18 Likes

If he bursts out “You can’t put me in that position!” then I’m going to discount the idea he imagines he’ll be presidentissimo for life or whatever. Seems like the usual; he always he just have to have it both ways on everything, even when that’s impossible and weaselly. If he says “Yeah, Pence” he can’t dangle the prospect of his backing to every ambitious GOP pol he wants something from.

7 Likes

Trump Won’t Commit To Supporting Pence If He Ran For President In 2024

Of course not, 2024 is the referendum for the coronation of Ivanka .

13 Likes

Why does he sound so normal today?

3 Likes

You’re getting used to it…

7 Likes

I’ll bet y’all a wooden nickel he never even thought about it. Not because OMG HE’S GONNA RUN FOR A THIRD TERM!!1 or whatever, but simply because it’s not about him. He doesn’t think about things that aren’t about him.

11 Likes

Bingo.

3 Likes

It’s like your elderly relatives who have good and bad days. Cognitive decline is interesting that way. Sad and painful but interesting.

10 Likes

Like massive deficits or catastrophic climate change. He’ll have blown town by then, so to speak, it’s nothing to him.

4 Likes

Couldn’t happen to a more deserving person. Pence gets exactly what he deserves.

To quote my father, “How GD dumb are you?”

Trump is the devil who destroys everyone who serves him.

3 Likes

Prince of Fails?

@dwward

3 Likes

Trump plans on announcing The Perpetual Presidency…

1 Like

I don’t commit to supporting Pence either …

but that started a long time ago …

3 Likes

This is actually pretty funny. I wonder if Pence will gaze longingly into Dump’s face with a pleading look in his eyes.

4 Likes

What a coincidence! 2024 is also the tentative year for the mass roll-out of the Trebutine©, the delightful device that Combines the brutality of a beheading with the spectacle of a pumpkin toss, since 2018.™

“Let me remind you: This is only an exhibition. This is not a competition. Please, no wagering.”
— David Letterman, introducing “Stupid Pet Tricks”

3 Likes

It’s a fair point from Trump.

Nobody has been asked to do an endorsement from prison before, don’t even think they allow the TV cameras back in solitary.

5 Likes

Putting up Pence could happen, but it would be an act of desperation. He’s about as likable and genuine as Tedd Cruz (whose beard might give him the edge in that contest as it disguises a bit of his smarminess).

3 Likes