Discussion: Trump Tweets Support For DOJ's Leak Crackdown: 'The Tougher The Better'

1 Like

Donald Trump is the “Cartoon in a Cartoon Graveyard”

11 Likes

When you’re a hammer everything looks like a nail.

16 Likes

I guess the traitorous dumbass who told the Russians where our submarines were lurking, as well as who in Israel gave us ISIS info, among God knows what else, will face some pretty harsh justice…

28 Likes

And of course completely missing the point that the most damaging leaks come from within his White House and are not classified and not illegal.
We wont even mention the self incriminating tweets and pubic statements.
No Leak! No Leak! You’re the Leak!

26 Likes

But Trumpy , you have a leak after you have a Golden Shower .

3 Likes

Just talked to my son in Europe. He had been watching CNN in Europe this A.M. They were emphasizing the need to talk of the information coming from the White House as whistleblower rather than leaks. Their feeling is the U.S. press is doing a big disservice by constantly reporting leaks as opposed to whistleblowing.

In the same vain, where is Grassley in his championship of whistleblowers in this environment?

15 Likes

So, Donnie is really working on his vacation? Bwahahahahahaha! DT is lazy, physically and mentally.

7 Likes

Break out the torches and pitchforks.

This witch hunt is ON!

2 Likes

If a White House leaker is ever identified I predict a book deal. A BIG book deal.

8 Likes

With MANGOTUS in office, we need to stay hammered to survive.

12 Likes

The nature of what they are concerned about is more equivalent to the office chatter that a disgruntled or uncomfortable workforce generates when they realize the execs are out of control and incompetent.

There is less worry that someone is posting the locations of the palace guard and more about the excesses and ethical behavior that crosses the line. With Trump, it is all about image before anything functional steps to the front.

There is zero concern as to why this is happening from Trump and Crew. People in the White House are telegraphing their distress and some seem to be very close to the crown. If the Trump admin were actually concerned about the leaks in a meaningful way, they would be looking at the reasons and correcting their course. They cannot see the chatter for what it is, a indicator that all is not well.

The DOJ crackdown amounts to Trump simply shouting “Shut up, shut up shut up!”

16 Likes

O what a good idea! After all Nixon had his plumbers too.

3 Likes

True, but it plays well to the base. He looks tough, the media look evil, and Russia is a witch hunt.

I see Bannon’s paws all over this ploy.

11 Likes

Indeed
Not wanting to insult bags of rocks and all that

6 Likes

In high dudgeon, Sessions announced that “leakers” were disclosing classified information that endangers national security. Perhaps he could give us some concrete examples of this offense, because the leaks they are most upset about are neither classified nor related to national security.

18 Likes

Session’s little speech, or presser, or whatever it was, was more a performance than a speech. A bad, stilted one at that. As if Foghorn Leghorn and George Wallace had conjoined and decided to take up performance art. I’m not overlooking the mischief and cruelty inherent in Sessions’ little White nationalist, mangy cadaver. But ultimately, he, and Trump, are anachronisms. We’ve advanced too far as a nation to tolerate the kind of authoritarian apartheid South African world these two political Dadaists want to create. At least I hope so.

14 Likes

“…suggesting that he may use the court system to pressure journalists into revealing their sources.”

The only thing that will come of this is that a bunch of journalists are going to get really famous and then really rich.

18 Likes

Agreed.

1 Like

It’s the Trumpian Yin and Yang. He has spent 6 1/2 months vacationing while he was at “work.”

1 Like