Discussion: Trump Toggles Between Golf Channel, Fox News To Fritter Away Time Until Mueller Report

I’m less optimistic than others it seems about this report tomorrow. Barr has already shown he’s devoted to a coverup, and his category of “anything that might embarrass anyone not a target of the investigation” which is some insane thing he made up is more than enough to just censor anything negative about Donald or his family.

I’ve heard people opine that he must know it will come out eventually “and then he’ll look bad” if he misled, therefore he won’t, but get a grip. As we learned over the past few days he did exactly the same thing years ago, it was indeed shown that he had lied his ass off in his summary, and when the truth came out he was so shamed and shunned that he only ended up as Attorney General of the United States after a successful and enriching law career.

I think there’s some chance the unredacted report will come out eventually, but Donald and his operative Barr are just aiming to keep the false narrative in the forefront as long as they can, and seeing how many mainstream pundits gobbled it eagerly out of their hand must have been awfully encouraging.

Color me not excited. Mueller was weak and failed, just in leaving Barr to decide whether all the obstruction evidence meant that Trump had done something illegal. If he didn’t mean to leave it to Barr then he should have spoken up.

1 Like

PP wants to be the one to endorse Rolex watches.

3 Likes

Both cheated on wives and are or were sex addicts.

6 Likes

Don’t be. If there’re lots of redactions, everyone, even Fox, will be concluding that the fix is in and it’s being done to cover up for the boss.

Which will just lead to a bigger drum-beat to get the full thing.

Barr’s kinda trapped himself on this one.

4 Likes

There’s been pretty across the board certainty that Republicans are covering up for Trump for years now! Outside of the FOX universe of course, though even they’re certain that it’s happening, they just would never say it.

I mean I hope you’re right, but a drum beat to get the whole thing, sheesh, my ears are hurting from all the “drum beats” since he was sworn in and all it’s amounted to is a soundtrack to him becoming an authoritarian dictator.

3 Likes

Here you can “bet” on which egg hatches a chicken first - or just follow the eggs, minute for minute until the report is released

William Henry Harrison—but he was only in office for a few weeks.

1 Like

If Woods retained an ounce of class he would refuse it.

3 Likes

no, and thank goodness

1 Like

I watch a lot of news interviews with various Dem Reps and Senators. More than a few, when queried how far and how deep they want to wade into a fight with Trump, will obliquely comment to the effect “He’s going to be gone in less than two years, and how much good it does to pursue investigations when maybe we should just concentrate on electing a Dem is a matter of debate in the caucus.” I don’t think there is a deep, shared political will on the Left side of the aisle to go after Trump guns blazing, full speed ahead. I also don’t think there’s a lot of appetite for chasing down crimes and charges once he leaves office. Everyone just wants this all to be over, and more than a few feel defeating him in the election serves the same purpose as hanging him for crimes.

1 Like

Tiger Woods must have kept his lip zipped about Trump’s cheating on the golf course.

https://sports.yahoo.com/golfers-say-president-trump-cheats-at-the-highest-level-142857151.html

1 Like

Sadly, true.

Miller in charge of immigration, Barr in charge of obstruction, Kushner in charge of the Middle East. It’s a clown car of the corrupt and cruel.

3 Likes

He is starting to ensemble Orson Wells at his largest, isn’t he? Massive body and teeny tiny head.

3 Likes

Isn’t there a job description for a President of the US? The man has never worked a day of his life. A custodian in the WH makes an honest living, not the moron in chief.

3 Likes

The fate of the world hangs in the balance between a bucket of chicken and the remote. MAGA—fest destiny!

2 Likes

This live thread from the Guardian is a fun read

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2019/apr/17/donald-trump-news-latest-live-mueller-report-release-thursday

A day after launching a Republican primary challenge to Donald Trump, former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld said he believes many independents and even Democrats will take Republican ballots to vote for him.

“My job is to make sure Millennials, Gen Xers, suburban female voters who might not buy all of Mr. Trump’s dog food take that Republican ballot,” Weld said on CNN’s “New Day,” adding he had also heard from Democrats who now plan to vote in the Republican primary. “They want to cast a vote directly against Mr. Trump.”

About 20 states, including first in the nation New Hampshire, have open primaries, allowing voters to choose what primary to vote in regardless of their party enrollment.

“I’m not sure how serious Mr. Trump is about governing, honestly,” Weld said. “He has a one-word environmental policy, ‘hoax.’ A one-word immigration policy, ‘wall.’ And you know, I think his lack of experience in preparation for the office shows.”

Massachusetts Rep. Seth Moulton might be taping an announcement video in a photo obtained by the Boston Globe, which might mean he’s planning to jump into the 2020 presidential Democratic presidential race.

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard says Donald Trump is turning the country into a “prostitute of Saudi Arabia,” after he vetoed a bill to end US assistance in Saudi Arabia’s war in Yemen.

3 Likes

Agree 100%. He looks guilty, he is obviously obstructing justice and there is no hiding his flop sweat. Let it play out a bit longer, get the report and use it to nail every last republican to Trumps cross.

4 Likes

Does he spend any time at all doing his actual job? We already know he is not “…faithfully execut[ing] the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.” Of course, an oral promise from Trump is not worth the paper it’s printed on (with apologies to Sam Goldwyn.)

1 Like

Even your neighbor who leaves the tv on when you’re over for lunch is a boob and a dickhead.

2 Likes

Mogul… roflmao

Fat Donald is a circus clown.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available