Discussion: Trump To Provide Written Responses In Zervos Defamation Suit

Some Person To Provide Written Responses In Zervos Defamation Suit

fify

15 Likes

The agreement is not to respond to anything.

It’s to exchange “written answers and objections.”

Spoiler alert: Don’t expect answers.

16 Likes

Not Fair! She bigly wanted me to kiss and grope her against her will!!! They HAVE to let me do it because I’m a STAR!!!

9 Likes

How come she can do this but not Mueller?

3 Likes

She can’t put him in jail for life.

10 Likes

For a guy we’re still occasionally warned not to underestimate, they really, really don’t want him to be allowed to talk in situations where saying the wrong thing has consequences and lying is illegal.

15 Likes

The president isn’t immune from civil suits. Not even republican presidents.

10 Likes

Take him to the cleaners, Ms. Zervos.

Maybe that’ll take the starch out of him…a bit at least.

8 Likes

As long as the case ends up in front of Judge Merrick Garland, I’m okay with this.

14 Likes

Trump would borrow Baron’s crayons to answer the questions and draw stick figures.

2 Likes

Trump To Provide Written Responses In Zervos Defamation Suit

The responses will be written using a crayon as big aound as a horse’s foreleg, on 8 1/2 x 11, cheap, news print with big hunks of wood embedded in the paper, and with 3/4" wide lines. It will be a challenge as Trump weilds the crayon in a fist-grip, and sticks his tongue out as he tries to form letters by writing around the big hunks of wood.

5 Likes

I checked the docket in Zervos v. Trump and here is the text of the stipulation that was filed on Friday:

IT IS HEREBY STIPULATED AND AGREED by and between the undersigned
counsel, and it is hereby ordered by the Court, that the Prelirninary Conference Order, entered by the Court on June 5, 2018 (ECF No. 166), is amended as follows:

1. Written responses and objections and non-ESI documents shall be served by the undersigned on behalf of their clients on or before September 28, 2018 at 12:00 p.m.

2. Written answers and objections to interrogatories shall be served by counsel for Plaintiff and Defendant on or before September 28, 2018 at 12:00 p.m.

3, No later than October 16, 2018 at 4:00 p.m., the undersigned shall e-file a joint letter notifying the Court of any additional disputes regarding objections and/or responses to document demands and/or interrogatories (other than as already briefed/addressed as part of Motion Sequence No. 5).

1. Counsel for the undersigned shall appear before the Court for a compliance conference on October 26, 2018 at 11:00 a.m.

2. The dates for the October 11, 2018 ESI telephone conference and the October 26, 2018 ESI protocol deadline are hereby adjourned until the Court sets new dates for those events.

3. The remaining dates in the Preliminary Conference Order (ECF No. 166) remain in effect.

4. This stipulation may be executed in counterparts and facsimile or PDF copies shall be deemed originals.

It’s a pretty typical agreement resolving a dispute about whether discovery, in the form of answers and objections to written interrogatories should proceed.

2 Likes

9 Likes

Look. No one wants to kiss and grope women more than me. But I’m a gentlemen. Right? I was raised in high culture. Nice gams by the way. I’m just kidding. Maybe I’m not. Maybe I am. You’ll never know. I guess I’ll probably get in trouble for bringing it up. That’s T-r-u-m-p.

6 Likes

Civil suit. Different rules.

4 Likes

“Nobody respects women as much as me… nobody! I mean, really though… Her?? Did you see her? It’s all fake news. Though I do love beautiful women. But this is fake news. And like I said I’m respectful of women and I made sure to use my TicTacs first”.
~end testimony

4 Likes

2 Likes

“Show the court where you claim you didn’t touch Ms. Zervos.”

2 Likes

He better hope the jury doesn’t grade on punctuation and grammar? Putting anything down on paper under oath is going to put Donald at a disadvantage. With Rudy being his personal lawyer helping to write this, the cat will be out of the bag faster than Trump can make up lies on the fly.

This is the first of many, many more written depositions that Donald will have to make in the coming two years. And you can bet none of them will be consistent with each other or the evidence.

1 Like