Discussion: Trump Threatens To Close Border If Mexico Doesn't Halt 'ALL Illegal Immigration'

Please do, Mr President and watch Texas and Arizona turn bright blue in 2020 as you tank the parts of their economies dependent on cross border trade.

47 Likes

He’s really sowing his oats now, isn’t he? Who knew that meant one dumbass proposal after another?

Next, he’s going to wall off the Atlantic from all the “shithole countries”.

I’m sure the big corporations, many with manaufacturing plants in Mexico, will love this idea. Looks like Mitch is about to get an earful from his corporate constituents.

29 Likes

Great idea. San Diego would have to close up shop. Lotta money there that speaks.

8 Likes

Yeah, close down the border, Fat Ass. Make the US economy take a major hit. Stamp your feet and hold your breath for your fucking border wall like that time you did in 2018 by not signing the budget and shutting down the government for days on end. That was sooooo fucking popular.
So go ahead, you fucking asshole. I can’t wait to watch Nancy Pelosi eat you alive. With mint jelly.

21 Likes

Yep. I wonder how all those corporations that have Maquiladoras and Large Agri concerns on the other side are feeling right now.

More locally, I wonder how H.E.B. is handling this news.

12 Likes

The deplorable stupidity.

It burns…

18 Likes

Close the border with our third-largest trading partner, stable genius. See how it works out.

30 Likes

Does the dipshit not realize how much food comes from Mexico?
But then, he doesn’t eat fruit or vegetables anyway, so who cares?

15 Likes

Yep, we love our cheap produce from south of the border (and HEB already raised prices on some stuff this year and then put little signs on shelves recently about how they lowered them to the old prices–I buy the same items regularly, so I did notice).

4 Likes

What’s HEB?

3 Likes

I imagine this would also lead to inflation on our side of the border by artificially reducing supply. When you combine this “idea” (and I use the word loosely) with his insane desire to completely root out the ACA, you’d think he was trying to throw the 2020 election, except it’s Trump, and you can never overestimate his vindictiveness and stupidity.

Even the Russians can’t save him if he keeps this up. I mean, Putin’s KGB, not a magician.

18 Likes

Please proceed…

5 Likes

Nor the vindictiveness and stupidity of his cultural resentment and racism-driven white Christian nationalist base.

Again: white Christian nationalism is the single greatest threat to this country and the world. PERIOD.

26 Likes

If he actually does this you watch, you’ll be paying $4 for a head of lettuce or an avocado.

12 Likes

A Texas based grocery chain. Very popular in South Texas.

1 Like

Thanks.

1 Like

I wish someone would seriously compete against them here in San Antonio. Albertsons and Kroger left us long ago. Walmart and Target are not really players against them in my book. The quiet abuse of a captive market is ongoing. One of H.E.B.'s tricks I despise is their swapping their products for a more known brand by putting them out front. Then reducing the availability of the other brand. I have also notice H.E.B. will introduce their own version of a product and it will be actually pretty good. Then a year later it ain’t. The quality drops off.

5 Likes

If you can get it at all.

2 Likes

A major reason I’ve jumped on the local foods bandwagon is to avoid that kind of thing.

4 Likes