Discussion: Trump Thinks It Would Be Awesome For Him To Shut Down Gov't Before Election

2 Likes

Trump says he thinks?
Another lie.
He does not have the ability to think.

15 Likes

I’m sure it would be exempted due to being an “essential service” but if you truly shut down the government, then there’d be LESS border control than there is now, which the President finds inadequate…

Hello, calling Captain Obvious

12 Likes

Me too. Do it! Shut it down!

Won’t stop the elections since the states run them. It will just piss everyone off so PLEASE shut it down!

32 Likes

Tough guy act. Rile up the base!

4 Likes

Captain Obvious is busy right now. However Captain Oblivious was seen rattling around the Private Residence during Executive Time.

21 Likes

No, the people want your ass out of office and behind bars.

5 Likes

If Trump shuts down the gov’t then does that mean Air Force One is grounded?
If Trump shuts down the gov’t then all expenses incurred by shutting down the gov’t come out of the Executive Branch’s budget?

6 Likes

To quote an actually great president, please proceed . . .

13 Likes

“I say, ‘Hey, if you have a shutdown, have a shutdown,’” Trump told Rush Limbaugh, after calling into Limbaugh’s show to celebrate its 30th anniversary. “Now, the shutdown could also take place after the election.”

God Almighty! The glaring stupidity is enough to make a person have a cerebral hemorrhage. Rump thinks he can call a government shutdown ANYTIME he wants? Well, hell, why not shut it down now and forever???

10 Likes

I, too, think it would be “awesome” for Republican Trump to shut down the government just before the election. Let voters know how Republicans run - or fail to run - a government! And as for “essential services”, somebody start reminding Trump just how much those services cost, and how “we can’t afford it!” Yeah!

14 Likes

Well, Josh thinks he’s going to fire Sessions, Rosenstein & Mueller soon in one fell swoop, so may as well shut the whole operation down while he’s at it.

3 Likes

Like it or don’t, the elections will go on whether he shuts the government down or not. The nincompoop doesn’t get that elections are at the State level, not the Federal, so his shutdown would be glorious.

He’ll get his mandate in the midterms, but good.

Bring it.

@tena

10 Likes

“I say, ‘Hey, if you have a shutdown, have a shutdown,’” Trump told Rush Limbaugh, after calling into Limbaugh’s show to celebrate its 30th anniversary. “Now, the shutdown could also take place after the election.

previously on ‘The Donald Trump Show’

"In a rambling and disjointed statement from the Diplomatic Reception Room, Mr. Trump called the process that yielded the legislation “this ridiculous situation,” and he warned, “I will never sign another bill like this again — I’m not going to do it again.”

1 Like

OK, Mr President . . . . . .

5 Likes

Got a probably stupid question: When Donald pimps this shutdown, he’s talking about the normal kind where congress withholds funds, right?

His rhetoric sounds a bit different lately. It’s almost like he envisions the executive branch shutting down by itself.

10 Likes

Hannity is going to throw one big hissy fit when he finds out Trump called Rush instead of him!

13 Likes

well

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-tells-confidants-that-a-government-shutdown-might-be-good-for-him/2017/11/30/e5328328-d5f5-11e7-a986-d0a9770d9a3e_story.html

3 Likes

It’s Awesome for Democrats to be able to attack Trump and Republicans on. Otherwise all your doing is causing hardship on the American people.

2 Likes

If Trump shuts down the government he would clearly be in violation of his oath to, ". . .faithfully execute the Office of
President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the
United States.,” and to “. . .take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed,”

Thus he would be guilty of dereliction of duty, yet another HiCAM.

4 Likes