Discussion: Trump: 'There Are A Lot Of Good Reasons' To Eliminate The Debt Ceiling

2 Likes

Yeah, that was off the cuff. Don’t worry, someone will explain to Donnie that eliminating the probably-unconstitutional debt ceiling will make his base hurt in the pepe.

16 Likes

Oh, to be a fly on the wall at the Paul Ryan dinner tonight. And tomorrow, Ryan will explain how he’s been for that idea all along.

30 Likes

Repeal “The sky is the limit” while you’re at it. I’m tired of everyone picking on the ionosphere.

7 Likes

Trump loves debt, he thrives and creating debt for other people. “Debtor in Chief” has a rather interesting ring to it.

12 Likes

22 Likes

Political fortunes rise and fall. Hypocrisy is banal. What remains is good policy, and good policy is to eliminate the debt ceiling once and forever.

16 Likes

Donald Trump is right about a thing. The world is ending. It was nice to know you all. :cold_sweat:

33 Likes

McConnell: Damn it, man! You’re not going to leave us with any tools to obstruct from the minority!

15 Likes

And those lot of good reasons are…?

1. a secret
  2. I’ve never been good with money or a budget, so unlimited spending is much easier
  3. doesn’t the U.S. have a Foundation we can illegally take the money from
  4. this will piss off Ryan, McConnell and the rest of them and I’m enjoying the temporary amusement
6 Likes

The President knows what “debt” means. He knows what a “ceiling” is. Put the words together and it’s word salad time.

5 Likes

I take no backseat to anyone in despising Trump, but I’m enjoying watching the Freedom Caucus getting their asses handed to them…by their own President, no less.

22 Likes

Donald Trump says something democrats have been saying for 30+ years. How presidential. Or because this is outside the DC playbook, will it be spun a crazy talk.

6 Likes

Go donnie go ! …

every time a debt bell rings …

An evil angel gets a new heart —

15 Likes

Speaking of debt, its uses and abuses, how many bankruptcies has Trump and/or a Trump company had?

2 Likes

I actually agree that having a debt ceiling is a dumb idea, especially considering the fact that it always gets raised eventually anyway (because it would be political and economic suicide not to) and Republicans usually just want to use it to routinely obstruct a Democratic President and/or use it as a hostage to extract political concessions from Democrats.

14 Likes

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I honestly agree with Trump on this one. The Debt Ceiling has been used as a hostage by the Republicans for too long and it’s time to just get rid of it once and for all.

16 Likes

[Apologies to Marlin Perkins:]

“I’ll observe the enraged elephant from the relative safety of the Land Rover, while Donald attempts to insert the suppository.”

41 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

I was just flipping back and forth between the Weather Channel and CNN to catch the latest news on hurricane Irma and I accidentally caught 30 seconds of Trump’s new conference - within that brief period, the man said something like “we have the most beautiful weapons, the best, the best weapons in the world…” before I managed to flip back to the Weather Channel. I fear for Florida, we have many friends there.

I also fear deeply for the world.

7 Likes