Discussion: Trump Surrogate's Jaw-Dropping Claim: 'No Such Thing' As Facts Anymore (AUDIO)

In a related note, the 31st anniversary of the film Brazil is in a few days. Orwell is not absurd enough to make sense of these Trumpkins, so go straight to Gilliam.

27 Likes

Welcome to the first days of the last days of the Republic, everybody.

60 Likes

Exactly Snottie [1], which is why I’ve decided that your material existence is merely a tentative working hypothesis.

[1] “Snottie beamed me twice last night; and it was wonderful” (h/t to Mel Brooks")

12 Likes

“We’ll hear from both sides after we return from this break.”

35 Likes

Seems she could have also said we create our own reality. And where have we heard that before?

23 Likes

And we all better believe that this is indeed going to be their playbook for the entirety of his time in the White House.

Just look at the Carrier deal. 1300 jobs are going to Mexico, and Indiana paid $7 million to keep 700 (on the high end) jobs here for 2 years. (after which, all guarantees are off, of course). And this is being paraded around like a WIN!

By any empirical measure, this should be a political loss, something they should be busy sweeping under the rug. But nope…in Trumpworld, it is what they call it. They don’t even bother with that whole tiresome Orwellian double speak…they just keep it simple and call losses wins and roll with that. And the MSM eagerly laps it up.

50 Likes

They are not even in office yet, (the MSM is COMPLETELY ignoring Obama who, is STILL PRESIDENT) and now they are echoing the Bushie-era “We make our own reality” bullshit?!?! and the MSM is just rolling over and presenting their asses to the Trumpers in total subservience.
Goebbels must be so proud down there in hell.

31 Likes

On the plus side, wingnuts can’t respond to every argument about preserving democratic norms and institutions like the right of everyone to vote with “America is a republic, not a democracy!!1!”. On the negative side, wingnuts will be able to respond to all of our arguments by informing the secret police on us.

13 Likes

Trump: As my landslide victory proves, Facts are overrated and are way too liberal.

15 Likes

Well then, I’ll make up my own facts. Trump didn’t win this election. There.

Problem solved.

47 Likes

No, they are going far beyond that. Because everything Bushie is way too low energy for them. In Trumpworld, Napoleon’s mistake at Waterloo was not declaring it was a rousing victory the likes the world has never seen before. If they had just gone with that, everything would have been great again.

19 Likes

This is a prefect example of a Trump supporter trying to be “intellectual”. My 6 year old grandson thinks he can fly too if you wrap a towel around his neck.

The scariest thing about this - she is right. Half of America have discarded facts as a means for making decisions.

27 Likes

Trump has his new “Secretary of the Department of Truth” in Nellie.
When Trump eliminates the Dept. of Education and the EPA, he will propose a new “Department of Truth” because of course he says the “Leugenpresse” does not sufficiently support his genius.
Expect wild support for this new department among the Trump supporters.

6 Likes

actually it wouldn’t be surprising if they did both.

3 Likes

And this is new, how?
Have people forgotten Reagan’s cabinet?
One person thought there was no need to take care of the earth because Jesus was coming soon. Another argued seriously that the earth has literally infinite resources.
The Republican party has been a con game since Reagan.

32 Likes

I just looked it up, and she’s right:

fact [fakt] NOUN 1.A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on knowledge.

1 Like

“And so Mr. Trump’s tweets, amongst a certain crowd, a large part of the population, are truth," Hughes said. "When he says that millions of people illegally voted, he has some facts—amongst him and his supporters, and people believe they have facts to back that up. Those that do not like Mr. Trump, they’ll say that those are lies, and there are no facts to back it up.”

voting matters

14 Likes

Remember the Bush administration?

"The aide said that guys like me were ‘in what we call the
reality-based community,’ which he defined as people who ‘believe that
solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality.’ "
The aide told Mr. Suskind, “That’s not the way the world really works anymore. We’re an empire now, and when we act we create our own reality.”

14 Likes

Uh oh. He’s already got us confusing real facts with made up “facts.”

7 Likes