Discussion: Trump Surrogate Tries To Blame Megyn Kelly For Internment Camp Comment (VIDEO)

1 Like

This is the modus operandi of the New Deplorable Class: Say something. Deny having said it. Review tape. Deny again.

5 Likes

I must confess I skipped watching Kelly’s interview with Higbie. The sight of blood everywhere makes me queasy.

2 Likes

“Megan made me say bad things. She’s a bad, bad girl.”

McCarthy is going to seem quaint once this admin is fully up and running.

8 Likes

The McCarthy hearings were broadcasted live. I watched them while stranded at home recovering from Polio. The next 4 years are gonna be a repeat it seems.
We never fucking learn.
I’m amazed, frankly speaking, that the human race hasn’t gone extinct long ago well before The Bomb.

1 Like

There was a headline on CNN this morning stating “Facts vs Reality”. Trying to come to grips with that gave me a headache

4 Likes

2 Likes

Mr Higbie would do well to read the 1st amendment
And then read up on the history of those internment camps and how they were found to be …ahem… Constitutional (twice). A precedent is not necessarily a good reason to do something. Because a lynching happened in the past, for example, does not mean it’s a good thing to do, Carl.
edit
After a little google time out I found this from the National World War II Museum…
“By 1946 interneesslowly began to return home to rebuild their lives. In 1988 the U.S. government issued a formal apology to all former internees and paid $20,000 to each surviving internee. **The government acknowledged that the internment had been based on “race prejudice, war hysteria, and a failure of political leadership.”**To this day, Japanese American Internment during WWII is studied as a cautionary tale of the need for vigilance when maintaining the constitutional rights of all Americans.”

Now, why would the government pay money to people interred because of their ethnicity if it were the right thing to do?

4 Likes

The blame the media for trying to “trick you”…

1 Like

And then ban that media outlet from the White House press corps.

1 Like

CNN has been allowing equal time to the Nut Fringe of the GOP and TP without challenging their fictional claims for over 20 years now.

Ever since they hired Pat Buchanan to a sinecure between his presidential runs they have given equal time to Bullshit and Right Wing fiction. CNN has a lot of fucking nerve to be getting up on their hind legs NOW, after they helped elect this person’s employer. It would be like if Megyn Kelly had been threatened by Trump supporters yet refrained from saying so until after the election…

9 Likes

Trump has been asked about the ‘internment camp’ question at least four times.

At least four times, Trump has had to be pressed on that subject.

Trump’s answers ranged from ‘FDR did it’ to a Doctor Who related answer (no i’m not kidding).

1 Like

That dickhead’s a fucking Freemason and a Shriner (?) Doesn’t he know that HE’S the enemy???

I’ve heard it said in a few places, including by Josh Marshall, that this administration is going to be a wake up call to journalists who have let the fourth estate lapse into talking heads screaming at each other. I think one of the frustrating things for the press was how “clean” the Obama Administration was. It’s the reason Hillary’s emails got so much play… there was nothing else to sling mud at.

Just as we started to see some honest-to-god investigative journalism directed at the Trump campaign in fits and starts, I think we’ll start to see a lot of media outlets eventually wake up to the fact that they’re tired of getting slapped around by this ridiculous sideshow, and he’s happy to provide enough scandalous bullshit that they can make a decent living digging up actual skeletons.

Either that or the left will finally grow a pair and create their own version of Fox News. The truth doesn’t seem to be cutting it… might as well outrageously lie in our own favor and see if that works… Lord knows it’s been working for the other guys for the past couple decades…

2 Likes

does he have no sense of decency…?? or is that a rhetorical question…

Or they will do what they do - start “normalizing” this administration and let us down like they always do.

I don’t think there is going to be one thing “out there” that we will be able to depend on. We’re on our own. The media isn’t going to do shit to help us.

2 Likes

I dont have a lot of faith in the Media in this country writ large. The FOX and right wing have beaten them into this Stockholm Syndrome guilt over being liberal, so they have bent over backwards to give voice to the insane litany of falsehoods by letting some nutjob (Epshtyn, Delgado, Woolsey) type comment on every story. They sucked up to Ronald Reagan and lapped up and propagated the Teflon and Great Communicator myth. In one country alone, Nicaragua, 45,000 people, mostly civilians, were killed by a terrorist army that Reagan and his Man Crush, Ollie North, unleashed. Lots of people in this country died of AIDS because the most unspiritual non religious President (Until Now, that is) let the Religious Southern Right dictate to him that this was God’s retribution and undeserving to be treated as a Public Health disaster. I dont even know if he ever belatedly came around, like Elizabeth Taylor did when Rock Hudson’s diagnosis became known. I have no fucking faith in the American Media writ large. They alternate between People Magazine and agonizing over Hillary Clinton’s emails, while helping elect a sociopath. None other than David Frum said last night (on Lawrence ODonnell) that we should all be studying the 25th Amendment clause on removing a President for mental unfitness. If the Media had done its fucking job, we wouldnt have to be worried about that.

2 Likes

“Higbie then sang the swan song of the scorned: he blamed the media.”

And the media then goes fetal. The first congress placed the first amendment first for a reason, and if the press wants to maintain the role intended for them they better get back to their role as information instead of infotainment.

2 Likes

CNN damned near gives Fox a run for their money when it comes to pushing nutjob lunacies.

2 Likes

For awhile, my Cable had something like what CNN used to be, a US based really good international news source: Al Jezeera America. I remember when Ted Turner burst on the scene and he was kind of a buffoon, rich redneck, who, like George Steinbrenner at one of his early baseball games as owner of a team, blurted out “What the fuck is a BALK?”. He enlightened and built CNN into something almost approaching Spain’s TVE, and now it is, as you say, FOX Lite.