Discussion: 'Trump Slump': Gun Sales Down In Shifting Political Climate

One thing I don’t understand about the gun nuts is that they all have a safe or several safes full of weapons and they respond to the possibility of restrictions by buying more. How many guns does one person need? Are they planning on arming the whole neighborhood or do they just need another new binky every time they feel threatened?

17 Likes

I’m confused.
We had a President who believed in our Constitution and gun sales soared.
We now have a President who does not believe in our Constitution and gun sales slump.
WTF?

10 Likes

“There was no one to beat up. You didn’t have President Obama to put up in PowerPoint and say ‘He’s the best gun salesman, look what he’s doing to our country,’” he said.

Yep. Red America was indeed stockpiling during the Obama years. I don’t want to even imagine how many (not for hunting) guns are in my home town.

As for me. I don’t own a gun. I have never owned a gun. I don’t plan on ever owning a gun.

And this story makes me giggle just a little bit.

7 Likes

American merchants of death are having a sadz.

Thoughts and prayers.

7 Likes

I don’t even want to know what legitimate purpose the National Russianlovers Association thinks a silencer serves.

8 Likes

Nothing in this article about the NRA’s loss of russian funding.

4 Likes

Gun safe? You mean the shoebox on the top shelf of the hall closet?

2 Likes

How many guns does one person need? Are they planning on arming the whole neighborhood or do they just need another new binky every time they feel threatened?

They hope prices will go up, if they are banned. Just your everyday speculation

3 Likes

Maybe they’ll get a spike in sales when all the bankrupt soybean farmers start killing themselves.

2 Likes

Gun safe? You mean the shoebox on the top shelf of the hall closet?

Don’t worry, the kids will never find it.

6 Likes

My friends that own the most guns are also the most religious. I find it humorous that the folks that believe god is taking care of everything are the ones that also seem like they don’t trust his “protection” and need a back up plan!

9 Likes

Visions of a strong authoritarian ruler calm the fears that drive gun sales. What could possibly go wrong with this scenario?

What I do know is that my friends who had piles of guns found out that easy access led to a several (4 off the top of my head) irrevocable permanent solutions to short term problems. The family members who found them will never be the same. One elderly father died within a month of his son’s suicide. We left their ashes up on the mountain side along with thoughts and prayers.

4 Likes

I think you mean in the nightstand drawer next to the bed. You have to be ready if the tooth fairy comes packing heat.

8 Likes

So last night I was watching “House Hunters” and this couple and their reale state agent were admiring a the deck and backyard of a house, and then the wife said “Was that a shot?” The real estate agent said that there was a shooting range a couple a miles away, I don’t think they bought that house. And it was one of the factors they talked about when they considered the 3 houses they viewed on the show.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t that have already happened with all the dairy farmers’ suicides?

2 Likes

Trump’s campaign was bolstered by about $30 million from the National Rifle Association…

Trump’s campaign was bolstered by about $30 million from the National Rifle Association/Russian…

Edit to add.
Isn’t it nice to see that a story about the NRA has 8 ads, 5 of which are pushing guns… Then a 5th is pushing the REPUG agenda.

2 Likes

Everytime…

2 Likes

I am all for reductions in gun sales.

That said, I was very heartened by this:

“shifting political climate”

3 Likes

News of the day, if true. The possibility of turning that ship around is significant. NRA finally up against it, laundering rubles to GOP.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available