Discussion: Trump Says He'll Return Donation From White Nationalist: 'Don't Be So Angry'

Discussion for article #245727

Trump : " I’ll return this donation… but I won’t disagree with what he says or stands for " —

9 Likes

So, if the crowd hadn’t said to give it back he would have kept it. “I only have principles when my voters demand that I do.”

9 Likes

Trump on White Nationalist Donor: “I don’t even know who he is.”

In all fairness, there’s a lot of stuff Trump doesn’t know.

18 Likes

Republican Donald Trump said Monday he would return the donation from a backer behind robocalls to voters extolling Trump as the country’s “Great White Hope.”

Will that be before or after he renounces the endorsement from The Daily Stormer?

8 Likes

That’s mighty white of him.

So many ways to expose the rank vulgarity of this man, that he was ok with it in the first place, that he is now being “PC”, that he doesn’t think it would be a problem (just that others might think it is a problem)… the man has truly lost it.

9 Likes

Isn’t tRump the guy who keeps bellowing “I don’t need their money”? If so, why is he taking donations from anybody?

6 Likes

Or Admiral Stockdale.

3 Likes

It would have been sweeter if he’d keep those funds and donated it to BLM or the NAACP. That would shut the white supremacists up once and for all.

5 Likes

yeah, and he’d lose half his supporters!!!

5 Likes

Drumpf would also lose their support for sure that way.

3 Likes

$250 What a fucking cheapskate racist

10 Likes

That’s only true if we believe he ever had it in the first place.

7 Likes

You’re probably right. Doesn’t say much for his supporters.

1 Like

I could swear I dimly recall a time, not so long ago, when any serious candidate, no matter how wackaloon conservative, would have immediately and flatly rejected the support of an open racist. But times have changed and Trump treats the matter, when it comes up and it comes up often, as a contemptible quibble, like you wanted to correct him on some trifling point of grammar. He’ll humor you with your pettifogging concerns, but he’s doing you a favor. And either he truly doesn’t get it or he knows instinctively that lip service to treating people as equals is not what his peeps want to hear.

8 Likes

Point taken. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t be angry? Hell Donald angry is what you appeal to with all you buffoonery.
Hey Donald (taps shoulder) Have ya tortured anybody today?

4 Likes

I thought he has such a HHHHHUUUUUGGGGGGHHHH fortune, he wasn’t taking donations!

3 Likes

If Trump actually had class, he wouldn’t return it, he’d donate it to an appropriate charity.

3 Likes

Totally! I’d suspect DT pisses away $250 dollars worth of champagne and foie gras metabolites a day.

1 Like