Discussion: Trump Says Admin Is Exerting 'A Lot Of Pressure' On GM For Layoffs, Closures

1 Like

24 Likes

Better wear some knee pads while you’re exerting that pressure.

12 Likes

Tfw wanting to say “previously” is greater than mangling a Tom Petty song.

2 Likes

…and the orange admin will respond by successfully keeping open the Oshawa plant for a year*.

*Canadian law already requires this.

18 Likes

Maybe Trump can get the government to pay GM $100,000 a job to keep the plants running, and GM can take the money and make some promises that they will later ignore. It worked before.

28 Likes

Pressure? Nah, more like an orange vacuum pump…

4 Likes

Never worry, it’ll disappear behind some other major crisis – you know, like people criticizing Melanoma’s ghastly Christmas decorations. THAT will take over Fox&Morons until people have (again) forgotten about Detroit.

(Is it just me or does the parade of the blood trees look like it should have been on the set of Carrie or something similar??)

18 Likes

Exerting pressure, because free markets.

27 Likes

Let the Trump layoffs begin. Along with rising farm bankruptcies.

18 Likes

If Trump’s “rust belt” followers had any smarts or integrity, they would all abandon him after the GM announcement. How much more proof do they need that they’ve been conned???

14 Likes

I wonder what Paul and the “Libertarians” have to say about all this pressure?

8 Likes

Gm is alive and Osama bin Laden is dead…
Oh Wait that was Obama

22 Likes

And small government. Never forget these fiscally responsible types are all about small government.

17 Likes

Handmaidens Tale!

2 Likes

How about cancelling those idiotic steel tariffs, Mr. “Trade wars are easy to win”?

9 Likes

Yeah, I saw the photoshopped photo – kudos to whoever did that, it was great!!

3 Likes

Of course, it is the fault of the Democrats for winning the midterms for the House – somehow. The details will be filled in later.

11 Likes

“I can’t believe our president would allow this to happen,” Bobbi Marsh said Monday.

Its MAGA, honey!

It has nothing to do with tariffs

CEO Mary Barra noted that tariffs on imported aluminum and steel have hit the company.

or tax breaks for the corporations and rich

“GM received record tax breaks as a result of the GOP’s tax bill last year, and has eliminated jobs instead of using that tax windfall to invest in American workers,” Sen. Sherrod Brown said.

Aren’t you glad you voted MAGA now, Bobbi?

22 Likes

“GM received record tax breaks as a result of the GOP’s tax bill last year, and has eliminated jobs instead of using that tax windfall to invest in American workers,” he said in a statement.

Yep, pretty much sums it up. But the caravan, right?

I wonder if GM waited until after the midterms to make this announcement, and when the GOP first new about it. Obviously this would have had a big impact on Ohio midterms.

14 Likes