Discussion: Trump: Saudi Prince 'Totally Denied' Knowledge Of Khashoggi Disappearance

Exactly. What ya gonna do? I guess that settles everything.

Fricken asshole.

3 Likes

Sure they didā€¦and he believes them. He also believed Putin when he denied involvement in election influencing and the Skripal poisoning. What a maroon.

Tiny is a perfect name for Trump. Tiny fingers, tiny brain, and his other brain is tiny, too.

While heā€™s most certainly easily duped, I think this is just another example of his willingness to accept the word of anyone he perceives as a friend or ally of some sort. Itā€™s not because he actually believes them. He just doesnā€™t really care whether or not they did it. He doesnā€™t care that a US resident was murdered. He doesnā€™t care if heā€™s being lied to. All he cares about is protecting his ā€œfriendsā€. He is truly a sociopath.

8 Likes

Without the support of the Saudis, Trumps plan against Iran collapses, he needs to have the Saudis oil to make up for the sanction on oil from Iran

1 Like

I saw a timeline that very persuasively argued that. Maybe she did tell him six months ago sheā€™d be out after a general period of time. But it was like she kept that as a parachute for when she had to bail out to save her own reputation.

3 Likes

If you canā€™t believe Prince MBS (Master Bone Sawyer), who can you believe?

3 Likes

Trump, you are such a fucking moron. Like the Saudi prince is going to finally crack under the immense pressure of your brilliant prosecutorial questioning, screaming, ā€œYes! Yes! We did it! We killed him! And we also murdered Jimmy Hoffa in the billiard room with the candlestick!!!ā€

4 Likes

I like Crown Prince Salmanella. Seems an apt description, although understated.

(h/t Dana Milbank)

I couldnā€™t agree more.

1 Like

Man, if the citizenry of Saudi Arabia ever rises up against the Saudi royal family, the bloodbath and ensuing political mayhem will make the 1979 Iranian Revolution look like a musical number from ā€œSinginā€™ In The Rainā€.

1 Like

OK not to go all woo-woo or anything but I think thereā€™s a level of Trumpā€™s psyche, and not that far from the surface, where his illness and the resulting hazy sense of reality persuades him that if you say a thing, itā€™s so, at least in an interpersonal realm where you can persuade people. So when he says a person ā€œtotally deniesā€ a thing, itā€™s simply much more meaningful and significant for him in a way that sounds laughable to us. He depends, for practical reasons and psychological survival, on persuading some people and getting others to at least go along with it out of social convention. He needs, for his survival, to believe that you can get people to believe absurd, ridiculously improbable things. He needs to believe that you might believe it when he tells you heā€™s smart, heā€™s tough, heā€™s popular, he can make great deals, things are better since he came along. And he needs for people who are accessories to his conspiracies to have that power too. Putin, Kim, MBS, if theyā€™re liars and are duping him, he suffers unbearable narcissistic injury. So he has to believe this, on one level. Just a theory.

4 Likes

The saudis supposes their foe-ses are roses
The saudis suppeses erroneouslyā€¦

3 Likes

I think you have this backwards. MBS wants the sanctions on Iran in a quid pro quo for money and loans for Trump and Kushner. Trump only cares about his own pocket, not the good of the country.

That Haley thinks she can salvage her reputation now is what I continue to find amusing. The Trump Taint isnā€™t something you can wash off and say, ā€œI was just serving my country,ā€ nor will, ā€œThat was after Iā€™d already left the administrationā€ do her much good either. Sure, sheā€™ll make a bunch of money in the private sector and sheā€™ll be something of a rock star on the right, but you donā€™t become a governor because you just want to get rich. You do so because you want power. And she wonā€™t have much of it after this regime is gone. Plus, a problem for her, and for everyone who tries to tiptoe away, is that sheā€™ll have to do or say things at various points to distance herself from him and from all of it. That will only garner an angry response from PP and his minions.

7 Likes

Orā€¦

I believe you are absolutely correct. All of these criminals - Putin, Kim, MBS, Duterte, and the rest of the dictators like the leader of Uganda and the others in the world that Trump has shown admiration and affection for - are carbon copies of Trump himself. If they are exposed as liars and fools and murderers, then Trump is exposed as the same. He has expressed his undying love for their unchecked and undemocratic power, and he now sees he may have to pay for blowing kisses to these killers.

2 Likes

Nah, Trump seems more like a bag oā€™ hair guy to me. Doesnā€™t have the heft of a bag oā€™ hammers.

1 Like

Donald, if you put your fingers in your ears and close your eyes real tight while saying the word ā€œHorseface!ā€ three times, it will all go away!

http://www.kithfan.org/work/transcripts/five/copskill.html