Discussion: Trump Responds To ‘Pee Tape’ Claims: ‘It Was My Great Honor To Fire James Comey!'

He sounds pissed on.

69 Likes

“Virtually everyone in Washington thought he should be fired for the terrible job he did…”

Well, no.

Gotta tell you, folks, I’m getting worried. I figured Trump would implode at some point but I think the point is here (did you hear about him demanding a review of the Post Office’s finances last night?), and it’s scary.

39 Likes

Huh, I swear somewhere I heard a housefly farting.

Probably it was nothing.

Anyway, anybody of import saying anything interesting and meaningful lately?

9 Likes

More rantings of a petulant child.

15 Likes

It was my great honor to direct my bodyman to go fire James Comey on my behalf, because I’m too much of a chickenshit cowardly baby to do it myself to his face. I mean, did you see how tall he is?

ftfy

37 Likes

The ratings for the impeachment hearings will be huge. The biggest.

41 Likes

“I honestly never thought this words would come out of my mouth, but I don’t know whether the current president of the United States was with prostitutes peeing on each other in Moscow in 2013,” Comey said, according to an excerpt of the interview. “It’s possible, but I don’t know.”

Well, sir. How many of us ever thought we’d be reading about such a thing?

30 Likes

And it will be my great honor to stand on the sidewalk yelling “LOCK HIM UP!” as you’re frogmarched out of the White House, you pig-eyed sack of shit!

He would do well to stop tweeting LEAK, LEAKER, or LEAKING in all caps…

41 Likes

It is going to be my great honor to see this asshole resign or get indicted.

You are circling the drain, Donnie.

23 Likes

More like a petulant pig.

8 Likes

May I join you? I can’t wait!!!

8 Likes

Re this story: It appears that some leakers and liars are a-okay with our president:

10 Likes

After last night’s hilarity, I prefer the following made-up version of that segment of the interview:

The pee tape is real?
The pee tape is real.
How has–
I saw it.
You saw it!?
I regret to say the FBI does not offer hazard pay.
Good God.
Some days, even a true believer doubts His goodness.

10 Likes

I’d cast De Niro to play Prez Crime Boss in the eventual movie (working title: All the Twit’s Tweets). Here’s a sample from his test shoot:

17 Likes

There are weeks and then there is this week. Wow!

The pee pee tape is no longer a mystery. Comey to Stephanopoulos:

“I honestly never thought this words would come out of my mouth, but I don’t know whether the current president of the United States was with prostitutes peeing on each other in Moscow in 2013,” Comey said, according to an excerpt of the interview. “It’s possible, but I don’t know.”

Comey has basically told the world that the pee pee tape is not an urban legend or a liberal fantasy. It’s a real thing. Now everyone knows. That will change perceptions and changed perceptions result in different voting and turnout patterns. If you don’t even have a fig leaf to defend Trump, are you really going to turn out to vote? Something like this could result in Democrats getting the top 2 spots in several GOP held districts in CA, meaning that the Dems would effectively win congressional seats even before we get to November.

The other key thing from Comey’s book tour and interview: He is validating the Steele Dossier to the masses, including the dumb GOPers who support Trump.

Trump has a love child with his maid. His maid during the 1990s was a woman named Marcela Bardeau. Whatever the case, my hunch tells me there’s a real, but familiar story there. Somehow, I believe it is relevant to the conduct being investigated by Mueller and the FBI (SDNY). What kind of hush payments do you think were made for this arrangement?

We’ve also learned that the FBI has tons of tapes from Michael Cohen. Avenatti has just tweeted the following:

A considerable amount of electronic data has been obtained by federal law enforcement in connection with the investigation of Mr. Cohen. Some might describe it as a "mountain of evidence". And I’m not just talking about a few days ago on Monday … #basta

— Michael Avenatti (@MichaelAvenatti) April 13, 2018

Avenatti is telling us that the USIC has been on to Cohen for a while. With Comey validating the Steele Dossier, the FBI is going to find even more evidence validating the Dossier’s claims about Michael Cohen: that he was tapped as the designated Trump-Russia contact and fixer following the outing of Manafort and the DNC hack. Cohen has a starring role in the #trumprussia saga. The FBI is going to find the evidence. Trump can’t do anything about it. Even a pardon at this point would be self-defeating because all of the evidence would simply leak.

Paul Ryan is out. That’s unprecedented. If that isn’t the white flag of surrender, I don’t know what is. Dems still have a lot of work to do, but if we bring the energy like we’ve been doing, we’ll win the election.

The open question to me is whether Mueller will seek to indict Trump. Part of me thinks that he will because Mueller views Trump as a mob boss, just as Comey described. Guys like Mueller don’t like guys like Trump. Mueller, from my observation, would like nothing more than to indict Trump. The issue is that he needs Rosenstein’s approval and he needs to deal with potential challenges to what many view as prevailing DOJ guidelines that a sitting POTUS can’t be indicted (utter b.s imho). We do know that there will be a flurry of activity between now and early June. Expect a lot of subpoenas, indictments, plea deals etc. Trump can’t stop it.

60 Likes

If we’re going to accept gross violations of the constitution, then can we at least considering bringing Barack Obama back for a third term? How I miss him, and Michelle too. Obama had such a command of nuance, and a wonderful self-deprecating sense of humor too. To call Trump an idiot somehow gives him too much credit. He probably really has convinced himself that firing Comey was his greatest achievement as president. What a crass ignoramus.

28 Likes

Fat Nixon had no idea who Scooter Libby was or what he did until it was suggested to him that he could begin laying the framework for pardons based on lying to investigators, sending a message to members of his criminal enterprise.

He’ll soon learn that offering pardons in this fashion will backfire on him…

26 Likes

The FT, reporting about the trove of recordings Cohen made, used the link text: “Plea tape?”

14 Likes

Concerned for his wife over pee tapes?

I guess boning anything he can doesn’t count.

11 Likes