Discussion: Trump Reportedly Bored By McConnell, Prefers Yukking It Up With Democrats

1 Like

Turtles are kind of boring

16 Likes

McConnell. Low energy. Sad. And Ryan talks too much about crap that even he doesn’t understand. Too many words and ‘Trump’ isn’t one of them often enough.

30 Likes

“Trump has complained to staff that he has had trouble establishing a relationship with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), and to a lesser extent House Speaker Paul Ryan”

Somewhere, Obama is reading this and having a good laugh.

39 Likes

“he has had trouble establishing a relationship with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), and to a lesser extent House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI)”

LOL. Reminds me of a joke I heard once:

Three sociopaths walk into a bar…

30 Likes

This is probably the best explanation…

13 Likes

Just think of the ratings Trump would garner if he turned Democrat and caused his base to melt down and freak out. I think we’ve found the solution, Houston!

9 Likes

“You just have to jingle your keys” remarked Schumer.

26 Likes

Take note: he’s both giving McConnell and Ryan a version of the silent treatment while “hoovering” the Dems, i.e., exhibiting good behavior to suck them back in.

12 Likes

Lawrence Odonnell was getting into this last night, characterizing it as Schumer playing trump for a sap–something like, Of course Chuck likes him, he has the man’s wallet and watch!

If this is accurate it is such good news. At least, until he realizes it and goes back to blabbing state secrets to the russian ambassador again.

9 Likes

The Founders were just as bored with Weyoun. The obsequiousness becomes tiresome even to the narcissist.

4 Likes

Trump has complained to staff that he has had trouble establishing a relationship with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), and to a lesser extent House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI), Politico reported Thursday night.

However, Trump has an easier time chatting with Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), people familiar with the recent meetings told Politico.

okies, i’m going to have to binge watch old Mission: Impossible episodes this weekend.

7 Likes

What if we all just chipped in and sent him a case of these? He’d be distracted for the rest of his term, however short that may be…

12 Likes

But…but…Obama was supposed to try hard to be Mconnell’s friend! And have drinks with him! That’s why he didn’t get things through congress, according to jackasses on TV soap boxes.

16 Likes

Prefer the Bain/Landau era.

8 Likes

Keys to influencing Big Donny:

1. Tell him you like him.
  2. Praise him.
  3. Make him feel like one of the ‘guys’.
  4. Remind him how smart he is.
  5. Note how good he is.
  6. Praise him.
  7. Tell him to sit.
  8. Praise him.
  9. Tell him to roll over.
  10. Praise him.
  11. Fetch
  12. Bark
  13. Quiet
19 Likes

Trump’s “New York Style” and origins are simply foreign to the rubes, Paul and Mitch. Now, if this were President Grassley or Joanie Earnst, they could all yuck it up over amusing personal anecdotes about castrating livestock, artificially inseminating breeder Holsteins, tractor pulling exhibitions and other kinds of bucolic diversions.

29 Likes

Plus a party that has been stewing in grievance for more than a decade, and whose main existence today seems to be to find more innovative ways to fck the public over is, by definition, not fun to be around. Especially when they resent the hll out of your hijacking of the party and the kabuki dances (which they orchestrated for 8 years) that they now have to keep performing.

18 Likes

Schemer explains things to trump in a way that it will benefit him, cause we all know that is only who he cares about

9 Likes

I told someone this earlier, but this ‘love affair’ between Schumer n Trump is coming across like a con from the old MI series.

I’m just waiting for Tapper to say, “and this song was played at the White House today.”

Tapper: “we don’t know why the song was played, but Sara Murray has reported that before being placed in the paddy wagon, President Trump was repeatedly yelling 'What about making America great again?”

10 Likes