Discussion: Trump Rebukes 'Monstrous Terrorist Attack' In NZ: 'Horrible, Horrible Thing'

One of his staff, or one of the myriad governments and foreign intelligence agencies who’ve hacked his unsecured iPhone.

1 Like

He not only pushes them, he validates them. That’s worse.

2 Likes

I think his racist voters know what they believe. They just click into gear when Trump finds the right words and dog whistles to connect to those hot buttons. It’s also why his numbers go down when he’s doing stuff like whacking the ACA or more Russia stuff. It doesn’t connect where they’re at.

2 Likes

So 100% of the United States of America, and 0% of Mur’ca.

1 Like

Shouldn’t that be “radical white supremacist terrorist”? Because some of those just plain old “white supremacists” are fine people.

2 Likes

We’ve all been seeing what went on, it’s a horrible, horrible thing.

A Terrorist attack is not a ‘thing’, it’s an attack on a religion their ability to practice their religion.

At an evening rally in southern Illinois, the president said the “monstrous” attacks “require all of us working together to extract the hateful poison of anti-Semitism from our world. This was an anti-Semitic attack at its worst. The scourge of anti-Semitism cannot be ignored, cannot be tolerated, and it cannot be allowed to continue.
“It must be confronted and condemned everywhere it rears its ugly head.

Tump’s comment after the attack the Pittsburgh mass shooting at a synaogogue. Didn’t call it a ‘thing’, he used the proper noun.

And which group of people hate Muslims and Jews?

2 Likes

It’s what he does best, because if it’s not happening below the waist, what does it matter.

2 Likes

“You may have chosen us. But we utterly reject and condemn you.” Jacinda Arden, Prime Minister of New Zealand, to White Nationalist Terrorists.

Simple, forceful, and apparently impossible for Republicans to say.

5 Likes

“They’re just learning about the person and the people involved.”

You’re one of the people involved!

In the same way that Mao was involved with the Shining Path movement in Peru, or Charles Manson in the attacks carried out by his followers, so too Trump is the spiritual leader of an international movement of deranged grievance-tormented white men who he has activated and continues to inspire to scapegoat non-whites for all their problems.

1 Like

Trump may tweet something horrible at her. She was not pleased.

1 Like

Too goddamned many for my taste.

I guess Missouri Legislative has an answer for these terrorist acts. I wonder the value of funds that Rep. McDaniel got from the gun lobby.

House Bill 1052, presented Feb. 25 by Missouri Rep. Andrew McDaniel (R-Deering), would enact the “McDaniel Second Amendment Act” requiring Missouri residents who are at least 21 years old, and not prohibited by law or court order, to own a handgun.
House Bill 1108, introduced two days later, would institute the “McDaniel Militia Act.” The proposal states that any Missouri resident 18 to 35, who is not prohibited by law or court order to own a firearm, shall own at least one AR-15. Residents of the state before Aug. 28, 2019 would have one year to obtain one, and those who become residents following that date would have up to a year to also purchase one.
In addition to requiring gun ownership, the two bills would authorize tax credits to purchase the weapons.

Stephanie Ruhle just retweeted Pete Buttigieg’s message to the Muslim community in South Bend, calling it “moral leadership.” It is very impressively that.

6 Likes

Stephanie Ruhle is right. This is what real leadership looks like. His compassion and heart felt words jump off the page. POTUS is not capable of this and it is beyond disturbing.

4 Likes

Oh wow! That made me tear up a little. He’s such a gem.

3 Likes

re·buke
/rəˈbyo͞ok/Submit
verb

1. express sharp disapproval or criticism of (someone) because of their behavior or actions.
    “she had rebuked him for drinking too much”
    synonyms: reprimand, reproach, scold, admonish, reprove, remonstrate with, chastise, chide, upbraid, berate, take to task, pull up, castigate, lambaste, read someone the Riot Act, give someone a piece of one’s mind, haul over the coals, criticize, censure;

Sorry, Trump did not rebuke the killer. He merely uttered some perfunctory condolences (the well worn T&P script) while immediately returning to the rhetoric that forms the foundation of this senseless waste of human life. In no way did Trump rebuke, perhaps mild reproach might be a better headline. Who at @TPM wrote this headline cuz it just ain’t so?

1 Like

Trump Rebukes ‘Monstrous Terrorist Attack’ In NZ: 'Horrible, Horrible Thing’

Orange Anus Trumplethinskin Toadglans STOKES this kind of shit EVERY DAMN DAY.

I just read this on Pete’s twitter feed just a few minutes ago. This is the moral leadership that we so desperately need.

He’s intelligent. He’s calm. He’s comforting. And he’s tough. I find myself more and more wanting Pete to go all the way.

Does this mean the travel ban will be expanded to include Australia? Until we figure out what the hell is going on there?

gun-humpers

Priceless!

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available