Discussion: Trump Ramps Up Anti-Sessions Tirade, Tweets Quote About The AG's 'Betrayal'

Donald Trump, unsure if he’s done enough for an obstruction of justice charge, pushes hard just to make certain Mueller has enough evidence.

19 Likes

Indeed. I can’t figure out if all this whining is AG termination being restrained, or a general sense that his desire to control the investigation, writ-large, is lost. Either way, spanky is making one sweet bed to lay in later!

My two cents.

8 Likes

Sessions apparently didn’t pinkie swear unending fealty and obedience to the master so what’s the surprise?

4 Likes

Alberto Gonzalez was on NPR this morning. He said all this public hand-wringing about Sessions is making the President look weak and ineffective. If he was displeased with Sessions, he should have had a meeting with him and /or fired him already.

Again, this is Alberto Gonzalez talking, formerly the worst AG in America…

21 Likes

Beat me to that. I tuned in just in time to hear the end of the Gonzalez bit.

1 Like

When Alberto Gonzales is against you…

4 Likes

Alberto Gonzalez is delighted that Sessions is replacing him at the “worst AG ever” list.

slightly OT: I had the misfortune to have Gonzales do one year of white-collar-welfare at my TX university, post-Bush service. One day he showed up in my department’s building, acting like he owned the place.

It was all I could do not to pound his pint-sized ass.

8 Likes

Sounds to me like Rudy Giuliani’s campaign to glue his nose firmly into Trump’s asshole is coming to fruition.

Get ready for an announcement of Sessions being fired and Trump nominating Giuliani as replacement.

After all, the ONE thing you can count on with Trump is him doing the absolute worst thing he could possibly do in a situation.

6 Likes

OT
If you have a pet dog, you can kick him repeatedly and he will never, ever turn around and rip out your throat.

1 Like

I see, from Trumpler’s tweet, no one’s been approved for working overtime on this. Very Sad.

2 Likes

Are we great yet? All this sniveling, whining, complaining, lying, backstabbing, perjuring, unprofessional, un-presidential obstruction of justice BS

2 Likes

No kidding. He’s got such a spotlight on it that even his supporters could see if if they opened their eyes and started thinking

1 Like

Yeah heard part of that too, when for the first time ever I started yelling at the radio. Sigh.

Like always Gonzalez is wrong, Trump is weak and ineffective as president. Sessions has nothing to do with it.

Trump did have meeting with Sessions from my understanding. And the practical matter is Trump will not have another AG if he fires him, which is why he has not.

And these are not even the parts that caused me to yell. Sheesh, anyone would be made dumber if they absorbed Gonzalez’s nonsense. He must only look good compared to Sessions because W was better compared to Trump, as bad as W’s presidency was.

2 Likes

I think that McConnell has already let the president* know that they won’t approve a new AG.

6 Likes

Trump has been told by Senate Republicans that they will not approve another AG.
Giuliani has no friends in the Senate, and would be laughed out of a confirmation hearing.

6 Likes

Yes. In this instance, as in so many others, this situation is of Trump’s own belly-achy-making. So, of course, he blames others for it.

1 Like

For someone who laughably portrays himself as a tough guy, Capt. Bonespurs sure spends a lot of time whining about things: Sessions, ABC apologies, his tiny hands.

2 Likes

FFS, just fire him and move on.

2 Likes