Discussion: Trump Predicts 'Crazy Bernie,' 'Sleepy Joe' Will Be Dem Finalists: 'May God Rest Their Soul!'

“Lazy Donald”. May flights of angels sing thee to they rest…in Hell.

And, may God rest yours, you f’en pos.

1 Like

That’s why we have debates,primaries,caucuses, delegates and conventions. I personally am not the decider and neither are you. Should candidates not run just because you don’t want them to?

4 Likes

No, they shouldn’t run because they are an obvious loss.

The Democratic Party has not elected someone over 60 since before the civil war.

What is the most thing in common you could say about Kennedy, Carter, Bill Clinton and Obama.

Youth and excitement to look to the future. Freshness

What about Mondale, Dukakis, Gore, Kerry? Good on paper but boring as hell.

McGovern was basically Bernie, an older guy trying to be the face of the younger set. There were other factors like his VP snafu that made it worse, so Bernie could possibly win, and certainly would not lose as bad as McGovern.

We have better options…Harris is my pick thus far…

There’s always Donnie Moscow. I also like Cadet Bonespurs as mentioned above.

At the moment,she is my pick if Joe Biden doesn’t run.

I don’t care who it is who kicks this sack of lard to the curb. I just want to see him finished and out of our lives.

He doesn’t do pseudo-religious talk very well. The phrase he’s invoking is meant to be used at funerals, for the recently deceased. And does he think Sanders and Biden share a soul?
The entire thing reeks of dementia on Trump’s part.

“The Democratic Party has not elected someone over 60 since before the civil war”

You say this and with the other side of your mouth you’re supporting a black woman.

So I guess consistency isn’t your thing. Because if historical precedent is a limiting factor in one respect, shouldn’t it be a limiting factor in all respects?

Sorry, but the abuse of statistics is a pet peeve of mine. It would be pretty easy to run down the list of candidates and find an outlier trait for each of them.

1 Like

I guess the difference is that times have changed and a black man (Obama) or woman (Harris) are only just now being allowed seats at the table reserved for white men.

So there has been evolution is who could plausibly be president.

I would say that older Democrats have been the nominee and each time lost despite the fact that they are from the most politically advantaged group… yet can’t excite enough Democrats and our natural, but non politically affiliated allies.

So with our base continually being younger, browner and more female Harris represents the growing part of our base and the older set, the dwindling part.

So it’s part history, part looking forward.

1 Like

I just wanna know if he’s gonna stalk him/her around the stage again…

May God Rest Their Soul!

Sounds like a physical threat against Biden and Sanders.

I assume Twitter will ban Trump’s account now that he’s violated their use policies. /s

Thank you for your valuable insights, ‘President Moron’.

So please tell us o great orange “soulful” 1, who’s going to die ?

1 Like

A friend of mine is partial to “bless (his/her) pea-pickin’ little heart” when telling stories about people in over their head in some situation. As in:

“Well poor Dottie, bless her pea-pickin’ little heart, had never been stuck in snow before, so she just kept floorin’ it and the wheels just kept on a-spinnin’…”

I have no idea where the pea-picking part derives from, or what it’s supposed to signify, if anything. But it does kinda add a nice little rhetorical flourish.

2 Likes

We are grateful the Dems gave a soul…pond scum more compelling than “dickhead Don”

Probably depends on who the nominee is. He will need his SS protectors because Biden will think he is in HS and want to go out and thrash him behind the gym (or something equally silly). What if Hillary had begun backing up – and then accidentally slammed into him. Ouch! broken bones. Two elderly people falling on the stage on live TV. Or would donald have been nimble enough to avoid the crash?

The debates we have are just soooo stupid. They are lousy theater. JMO –

donald would be happy if they were turned into wrestle-mania made-for-TV.
ETA - more and more I’m gald that Bill Weld is challenging donald. I rather wish more would. At least it could keep donald busy.

Ohhhh Just thought of another one. Beto – the way he waves his hands around when he talks. Can you just see Beto flinging out an arm and smacking a stalking donald?

“May God Rest Their Soul!”

Really? Two things: (1) singular instead of plural, and (2) is he hoping for their death(s)?

Yes, I do know that this smacks of covfefe.

At a certain point in time, I was talking to a friend on the phone. “Trump has a 38% favorable rating.” She replied, " 38%? It should be zero."

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available