Discussion: Trump Pounces On News That 3 CNN Staffers Resigned Following Retraction

Because, of course, Trump and his spokespeople have never said anything that was untrue or not completely accurate, The White House would be practically empty due to resignations if he demanded the same standard of not-fake from himself and his staff.

21 Likes

I guarantee this will be used as a reason to cut off CNN from all access at the White House.

11 Likes

People being held accountable for their mistakes?! Of course Trump is freaking out.

@centralasiaexpat No, just more of shitty “dominance” BS. Sean Spicer will tell Jim Acosta he should be grateful just to listen in with no video/audio.

10 Likes

OOOOOH!!!

If this were someone who has been upstanding, honest and admitted to his own MANY mistakes, lies and hypocrisy (inauguration crowd size, wiretapping, Russia poking nose in our elections, etc etc etc etc), I’d truly care.

But he’s not.
And I don’t.

12 Likes

Well if there is one good thing that comes out of them refusing to do on camera pressers it’s pics of Jim Costa’s socks. They’re actually pretty cool and more interesting that seeing Spicey and Huckelberry constantly lie and make up alternative facts.

13 Likes

Douchebag’s up early today. Can’t wait to go LBJ on those squishy senators!

3 Likes

If Trump used this standard with his employees, he would have no staff.

13 Likes

I don’t think CNN said the story was false, just that the story wasn’t properly vetted by CNN editorial standards.

21 Likes

Thinking about the WH credibility.
They have none
They just released a warning about chemical weapons
Does anyone, anyone trust what they say ? Bueller?
You just assume they are lying or it is a wag the dog move to distract from the minute to minute crisis of this administration.

7 Likes

Trump is a puppy and all the world his bone.

3 Likes

The kerning was off… they only used Dan Rather standards.

Not to repeat myself but I’ve read more than once this tweeting is among the things that hurts him even with his base. They want him to buckle down and do some work. They may not be sophisticated, but many of them a) know what a bratty punk kid sounds like and b) don’t want their President sounding that way. Some do, I’m sure. But many don’t.

15 Likes

Of course, the flip side is that if CNN staffers have to resign for false stories, then some may suggest that it bolsters the credibility of the stories wherein staffers haven’t resigned.

(Depending on the story that they resigned for, of course — like if it was something like “Senate Intel Committee holds seance to get the Scoop!” vs. something just utterly unbelievable (:wink: see what I did there)…)

6 Likes

Donnie called Collins yesterday morning, then she flipped against the bill in the afternoon. He should call every shaky senator.

18 Likes

President Liar has no credibility.

9 Likes

A trip down memory lane
… First White House briefing…
The biggest inauguration crowds
Ever
Kind of set a pattern

4 Likes

Exactly. It wasn’t until the subject of the story, Anthony Scaramucci, threatened to sue that the story was retracted on the grounds it was singly sourced and that they had gotten a single detail wrong.

(From WaPo) Thomas Frank, a reporter for “CNN Investigates,” last Thursday appeared to have a compelling exclusive on the story of the year. The Senate Intelligence Committee, reported Frank, was investigating a Russian investment fund — the Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) — “whose chief executive met with a member of President Donald Trump’s transition team four days before Trump’s inauguration.”

That transition team official is Anthony Scaramucci, a Wall Streeter who was expected to take a prominent White House position but did not. Scaramucci met in January with RDIF head Kirill Dmitriev.

Nowhere (except Breitbart and a Russian “news source”) was it claimed the story was substantively wrong. And given the “quality” of Comrade Chaos’ “associates” it’s likely the story is true.

5 Likes

Collins wants to be Governor of Maine. Maine is a purple state heavily dependent on Federal largess. She votes for this and she can kiss the Governor’s chair goodbye.

4 Likes

The WH lacks “gravitas” an old word from the Latin ‘gravis’ =serious.