Discussion: Trump Policies Play Into Deficit Widening 77% So Far This Budget Year

1 Like

The Treasury Department said Tuesday that the deficit for the first four months of this budget year, which began Oct. 1, totaled $310.3 billion.

The media will blame the Democrats.

Watch them and weep.

2 Likes

Who knew such a big, beautiful tax cut would yield such a gigantic, ugly mess?

11 Likes

“Meanwhile, the government collected lower taxes from individuals and corporations, reflecting the impact of the $1.5 trillion tax cut President Donald Trump pushed through Congress in 2017.”

Cable News Response: “What was that about hats again?”

(h/t Executive #3)

7 Likes

“Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin has begun taking actions, such as halting investments in civil service pension funds,”

Of course.

13 Likes

Of course. Everything was fine October through December but it only took the Democrats one month to turn it all upside down, and they did that while only controlling the House. Imagine how much worse it would be if they took control of the Senate.

3 Likes

Remind me again, how many Trump business enterprises have declared bankruptcy??

5 Likes

Maybe those who dealt the economy this blow need to be cut first. So Treasury, Commerce and the WH get to take a 23% cut, while the rest of the agencies and departments get a 3% cut. Time to tighten the screws.

5 Likes

Twice the magic number.

the deficit is growing, fascism is boldly flourishing and we’re paying more for shit. lovely :angry:

1 Like

Smells like the Seventies all over again.

3 Likes

And at a ceremony for executive order on veteran suicides he goes off on a winey rant

3 Likes

Every sentient and thinking human being in the world who has not had even a sip of Trump’s poisonous Kool-Aid.

5 Likes

This calls for another Republican beer party in the Rose Garden.

6 Likes

alternate headline:

GOP’s Long Term Plan to Destroy Government Coming to Fruition

3 Likes

Not even close.

3 Likes

then you take a whack at it

the GDP was 2.9 in 2015, it was 2.9 in 2018 – I miss 2015 and the Obamas. :cry:

3 Likes

Thoughts and prayers.

I’d call that more Republican kool-aide, granted Donald drank it up.

2 Likes