Discussion: Trump Points To 94-Year-Old Eligible For Medicare As Reason To Overhaul O'Care

3 Likes

This is solely about that black man that made fun of him at the WHCD. That it lines up with the Paul “Atlas Shrugs” Ryan’s plans to dismantle the safety net is just serendipity.

35 Likes

Just another dishonest and false criticism of the ACA. I guess he also wants to save Kissinger from the death panels.

33 Likes

Once again, DipShit Donnie does not know what he is talking about. Sad…

20 Likes

Talk about needing a time machine…

6 Likes

After campaigning that he would spare medicare, medicaid and social security - as well as fix Obamacare - he demonstrates, once again - that he has no idea what any of those programs are - except for something that gets a response from the crowd when he says them.

33 Likes

“Never mind that the guest Trump cited was former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, who is 94 years old and thus eligible for Medicare.”

Kissinger doesn’t even need Medicare – let alone Obamacare.

So long as he gargles daily with the blood of a million dead Vietnamese children.

Dr. Mephistopheles guarantees it.

54 Likes

"…and they will get great, competitive health care, and it will cost the United States nothing. "

Wrong. As Tierney pointed out, this is a way to get healthier people who are a little too stupid to understand that they’re getting junk insurance. Once they try to use it however, that will be come apparent pronto. Then, they’ll go the route of bankruptcy.

Oh, and FYI - buying across state lines is useless. The reason it hasn’t happened is due to the States not wanting to deal with it.

25 Likes

I need to take a double dose of blood pressure medication today. This lying mofo is driving me to it!!!

14 Likes

And a connection with reality.

And a brain.

And a soul.

The list goes on.

5 Likes

Which is some scary shit. ACA will be bled to death, so to speak, by those leaving ACA for cheaper but incomplete insurance. What about mandates? Many questions. The only positive here is that insurance across state lines has been around for years, but never or rarely used, as no insurance companies want to certify in multiple states for an unknown market.

11 Likes

trump confuses Medicaid with Medicare.

5 Likes

Tillerson said it first: Trump is a MORON!

12 Likes

My impression from previous articles on this is that the association-based insurance doesn’t actually require certifying in multiple states. Apparently you certify in one state and then sell wherever you want as long as you comply with the home state’s regulations. Plus, waiving essential benefits in the new incarnation. Reputable insurance companies won’t want to handle the deal, but a lot of startups would be glad to give it a shot, especially if they’re protected by a couple layers of shell companies.

4 Likes

Somehow I don’t think Henry Kissinger would qualify for any subsidised ACA insurance.

He is a multi-millionaire, or as Trump calls them; “Poor People”.

8 Likes

I can see the majority of the Red States going for this bigtime. They’ll advertise it as a win over “Liberal overreach” while the majority of Blue States just offer what they’ve been doing. Many of those Red States will eventually end up with one hospital to deal with the entire State as the number of bankruptcies increases dramatically from people with junk insurance.

4 Likes

Hey! You have been AWOL!!! Welcome back – we missed your wit. (But thanks for letting other people win the intertubes for a week or so.)

4 Likes

Ask the folks in Southeast Asia about death panels and Kissinger… the ones that survived probably have a few things to say.

6 Likes

Bet Kissinger was really happy about that meeting with Low IQ Trump and the photo op where Kissinger becomes a prop in a reality TV show.

1 Like

And chases it with that of a few hundred thousand East Timorese.

4 Likes