Discussion: Trump: Planes Are 'Becoming Far Too Complex To Fly'

Old man yells at cloud, President Grandpa clamors for old and simple. Good old steam, not “the digital”.

Of course, old man nominally oversees the National Transportation Safety Board, the federal agency tasked with investigations into such matters, and the Federal Aviation Administration, the federal agency tasked with certifying the safety of American aircraft. Once upon a time, it would have been a ghastly breach of norms for the boss to declare what the findings of his agencies should be. Now we just shrug.

Same shit, different day.

41 Likes

This guy is just a dumbass.

30 Likes

WTF. No surprise that he doesn’t know what he is talking about, but still, it’s a subject that I don’t associate with Trump, and no woman was insulted, and no Russian collusion was denied. Must have been written by Barron.

15 Likes

Because this is the first plane crash in the history of forever. :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

From the man who cannot use a computer.

26 Likes

Just last year, didn’t he personally take credit in a tweet that no commercial flights had crashed in a year?

Yup: Here it is

Since taking office I have been very strict on Commercial Aviation. Good news - it was just reported that there were Zero deaths in 2017, the best and safest year on record!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 2, 2018

He can’t have it both ways. Either filghts are safer because of him or they’re more dangerous.

41 Likes

No way in hell Hamberdler Trump wrote that pair of tweets. We’re hearing someone else’s voice.

4 Likes

“On the way the paper bag was on my knee
Man, I had a dreadful flight”

4 Likes

Bet his (ex-Boeing exec) secdef loved this…

8 Likes

Does he think he’s helping?

4 Likes

Oh FFS…this is about him taking it personally because they’re stepping on his propaganda lol

15 Likes

Need to go back to the good old days when you didn’t need Einstein to run the dang plane!

12 Likes

Trump proving once again that old and simple are, in fact, much much worse.

11 Likes

“There are simply too many notes.”

16 Likes

If you’re Donald Trump -

2 Likes

“… but I don’t want Albert Einstein to be my pilot. I want great flying professionals…”

Sort of like the Presidency. I don’t want a six times bankrupt fraud to be my president.

33 Likes

You know if we didn’t already have a DSM guides worth of reasons to be worried about Trump, this notion he has that anything involving computers requires an “Einstein” to operate would be something that should provoke some comment. It is like his weird complaint about how the new electronic fighter launch catapults on aircraft carriers are too complicated for people who are basically running a floating nuclear powered city day to day.

14 Likes

“Airplanes are becoming too complex to fly…”

They don’t even have propellers anymore!

15 Likes

In his dotage, Einstein considered becoming a pilot, but instead decided to devote the rest of his life to trolling quantum physicists by composing and sending them snarky telegrams.

21 Likes