Discussion: Trump Pays IRS Penalty For His Charity's $25K Gift To Group Backing Florida AG

1 Like

pay to play?

11 Likes

You can pay an IRS penalty to paper over a bribe? $25,000 to avoid a Trump U indictment, and all he gets is an IRS penalty?

29 Likes

Lock Bondi up too!

14 Likes

Bet the check bounces, or that the check is drawing on campaign funds…

3 Likes

‘not intentional’…um yeah…

4 Likes

“It wasn’t done intentionally to hide a political donation, it was just an error,” he said. (Some HO suck-up man)

Bull Fucking Shit. More of this type of investigation, please, IRS.

11 Likes

Exactly. For a high roller like Trump, that’s peanuts.

Way to teach him a lesson. I’m sure he’ll never do that again.

2 Likes

This is really unfair to Trump. The Obama IRS is out to get him, just like they were when they targeted all those tea party groups. I don’t think he should have paid the fine. In fact, I think I will personally reimburse him out of all the money I’ve made as a Trump U. graduate running a real estate empire from my local library. (Free Internet, baby!) I may have to shift a few funds around, but I’ll get him the money.

13 Likes

I call bullshit. I am board president of a 501©3. The following language must be included in a 501’s By-Laws to meet legal and IRS standards.

Section …
The organization shall be non-political, shall not support any political party or candidate for public office, and shall take no position on matters of governmental policy or legislation other than those relevant to its purpose.
Section …
The organization shall not directly or indirectly participate or intervene in any political campaign on behalf of, or in opposition to, any candidates for public office, or devote more than an insubstantial part of its activities to influencing legislation.

Guess what, HO, your “charity” has another audit coming.

24 Likes

Since I gave up trump 24/7 tv I guess the news channel are covering this latest issue with Trump! LOL! Give up tv people, all they care about is DT.

2 Likes

Oops.

Riiiiiiiiight…

1 Like

Doesn’t this mean the audit that he was using as an excuse to not release his tax returns is finished?

5 Likes

Clinton Rules: If this were HRC’s ding, MSM would demand she withdraw and club her everyday when she did not. Trump Rules: crickets.
So when is Orange Hitler going to divest himself of all his assets like MSM demands HRC do viv a vis Foundation?

10 Likes

The disclosure has never been the issue here! It’s the fact that he donates to her campaign and the Trump U case goes away!

Where is the outrage over this compared to the Clinton Foundation? There are at least 10 of these type of stories to every one for Clinton, but where is the coverage?

11 Likes

Shouldn’t Bondi have to return the “gift?” Sounds like a slap on the wrist and she gets to keep the ill-gotten gains.

7 Likes

This is a bonafide scandal involving a presidential candidate’s foundation – albeit very different from the less-clearcut controversies surrounding the Clinton Foundation. I happen to agree with the NYT that Hillary should put more distance between herself and the Clinton Foundation. But that’s about public confidence more than actual wrongdoing.

This Trump scandal involves proven financial law breaking, apparent influence pedaling, potential bribery and evidence that there was an effort to deceive the IRS. But somehow Trump’s scandal won’t get a tenth of the attention that Clinton Foundation controversy.

If he brings up the Clinton Foundation at the debate, I hope she nails him on it. But I’ve been unimpressed by her ability to hit the salient points and go for the jugular as Obama could.

18 Likes

The payment came from his “charity,” which he doesn’t contribute one red cent to. So, in essence, it doesn’t even equal peanuts.

And the scampaign continues unabated.

4 Likes

So, there WAS a pay-to-play that involved this candidate’s charity foundation and he was fined for it. A textbook corruption and scandal.

… But the media keep talking about the Clinton Foundation.

7 Likes

clearly illegal donation, and done as a form of bribery (I donate, you drop investigation). Who wants to bet that (a) the NYT ignores this, and (b) it gets 1/1000 of the ink the Post spent breathlessly repeating the false pay for play narrative from the AP on the Clinton foundation. :scream:

8 Likes