Discussion: Trump On Defensive With Iran, Child Migrants, Foreign Dirt During NBC Interview

“We’re doing a fantastic job under the circumstances,” Trump said. “The Democrats aren’t even approving giving us money. Where is the money? You know what, the Democrats are holding up the humanitarian aid.”

Did I not read that the House just got $4.5B approved after a WH request for that amount. Believe it is now up to the Senate and Turtle to approve. Someone, please correct me if I misunderstand. However, it does not take a genius to understand that money is not the issue if you provide just a few of 25 kids with a lice product, then ask the balance to share 2 lice combs. And then go off the rails when one is lost, taking away the foil blanket, etc forcing them to sleep on concrete, lights on 24/7, etc, etc, etc.

Money will never solve that problem.

5 Likes

The few cases of kids being separated from the adults they traveled with involved something like the adult being charged with a serious felony or legit concerns the children were being trafficked.

3 Likes

Todd’s importance to the Regime is greater than Barr. People like Todd stop the initial necessary outrage over the injustices of the Regime.

In modern societies (as opposed to a foraging or pastoral or horticultural economic level) our understandings of reality depend on “trusted” intermediaries…like Todd, who soils that trust with his very existence.

2 Likes

It is The Star’s loss, and hopefully a good sign for CNN’s coverage of tRump.

2 Likes

It speaks so well of The Star that they had someone of that caliber. I hope they have someone who will follow in his footsteps.

2 Likes

Fun With Chuck And Donnie

See Donnie Talk.

See Chuck Suck.

“Suck, Chuck, Suck!”, said Donnie.

4 Likes

You would think with the tons of his self-aggrandizing righteous indignation he heaped upon AOC because of her - correctly - pointing out Trump’s migrant children concentration camps, Chuckie would have had a little left over to throw in Fat Ass’s face.

Of course, I kid, because I could never be delusional enough to think that Chuckie would perform any differently than he always does.

3 Likes

He’s the Maggie Haberman of Chris Cillizzas.

7 Likes

I have a low bar for Chuck Todd. He’s not really made for this sort of stuff, but after watching the clip on family separation, in a way it was a bit more effective than I had initially thought (on a Chuck Todd scale of course!).

Trump had to revert back to ‘I inherited from Obama’…and then he hides from the problem he created. So, that tells me that he isn’t willing to sell torturing children as a virtue to his base.

I also note that voters tend to judge POTUS’ based on what they do and their policies. Blaming your predecessor has limited political utility when you’ve been the guy in charge. Trump is subject to the laws of politics. This is just isn’t a strong argument for him. The caravan is children whom our gov’t tortures. This is not a winning issue for him.

This issue will help those Dem candidates who have spoken out on this at length: Harris, Beto, Castro and I’d add Gillibrand as another notable voice on this topic.

10 Likes

He forgot to blame Hillary. But at least he blamed Obama.

3 Likes

The Vice-liar!

If Trump is removed from office, chances are this guy doesn’t pull back and actually carries out an Iran Attack, plunging the ME into a self sustaining fire tornado.

Something to think about.

4 Likes

Whoa.

2 Likes

“No, but I’m not like a fool that says we don’t want to do business with them,”

Clearly, the capitalist who would sell his executioners the rope they hang him with.

3 Likes

Like Trump, Erdogan’s political strength comes from the Turkish equivalent of Rubes, It’s urban vs rural, similar to our condition. My understanding is that the Turkish urban centers largely hate the guy.

6 Likes

California has made two important voting improvements in recent years. First, there is an archivable and historically researchable record from the consistent use of paper ballots. Second, voters who are not registered or have an outdated address can (re)register or update information and cast a provisional ballot on the day of the election. This change in the law was instrumental in defeating David Valadao in CA-21 in the last cycle. Central Valley Republicans hate these changes as Latino participation in voting has started to climb.

5 Likes

What’s good for Raytheon is good for America.

3 Likes

But it is a winning issue in every single televised and untelevised rally he holds for himself. His minions, Christians many of them, believe exactly what he tell them to believe. Put another way, if he wants their opinion, he’ll give it to them. It is a very winning issue for him because he gets wild applause every time he says it to the minions and a shrug of the shoulders from the MSM every time he says it. No one points out how heinous this is because they either love him or are afraid to lose access. This attitude is being normalized and no one is stopping it.

2 Likes

Apparently hasn’t visited Flint, Michigan or any of the other 5,000 cities with lead levels that violate clean water standards.

https://www.essence.com/news/us-cities-flint-contaminated-lead-water/

2 Likes

This was not a winning issue for him in 2018. If you see what happened in CA, NV, AZ, TX and even in FL (where we flipped 2 seats), his immigration policies were not popular. The lasting images of separating families and the protests that happened in June-July last year galvanized voters to make big gains for Dems on this very issue of immigration, family separation, DACA and comprehensive immigration reform. This issue is going to kill the GOP in 2020. In 2018, we needed to care about what the vote would look like in Indiana and Missouri. We don’t in 2020. The map is more tilted blue for the purposes of deciding control of the WH and the US Senate.

5 Likes

Mr. Kim, can I call you Uni? If he wants your help buying furniture or lingerie, amscray! Capisce?

North Korea’s Kim Jong-un receives ‘excellent’ letter from Trump

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available