Discussion: Trump: NDA Was Signed To Stop Stormy’s ‘False And Extortionist Accusations'

“Money from the campaign, or campaign contributions, played no roll in this transaction.”

‘… roll…’ Someone has last night’s dinner on his mind. Only the best words…

51 Likes

looks to me like Trump just waived any attorney/client privilege claim here.

Of course, this wasn’t written by Trump himself – this was produced by his lawyers in the Stormy Daniels case. Its the cliff notes version of their case… (ie, that “he entered into, through reimbursement, a private contract between two parties, known as a non-disclosure agreement, or NDA.”).

Its not going to work, because “he” (Cohen) wasn’t actually a party to the agreement, but “David Dennision” was – indeed, the whole agreement was between DD and PP, with “Essential consultants” simply a cut out for the money to be paid to Stormy.

39 Likes

So any attractive woman who meets Trump can get a good hunk of money by threatening him with a lie? No wonder he isn’t as rich as he pretends to be. All those beauty pageant contestants, those applying to be on his reality show - did they all get paid off?

41 Likes

Ruh roh, more coming:

“Giuliani later told The New York Times that after the presidential campaign, Cohen was reimbursed $460,000 or $470,000 in $35,000-a-month installments through a family account for having “settled several problems” for Trump”

Several

70 Likes

Lies on top of lies on top of lies.

On top of lies.

On top of lies.

It’s covfefe all the way down.

51 Likes

“I made no payments whatsoever to that woman.”

“Oh, you meant that payment. Well, rich guys like me make them all the time, but that doesn’t mean…”

36 Likes

NDAs are very common among celebrities and people of wealth? Let’s see DeVos’s, Mnuchin’s, Wilbur Ross’s, Ben Carson’s, Jared’s.

18 Likes

What year of law school covers putting the wrong “roll” in public communications to make it believable your ignorant client wrote them. :joy:

38 Likes

Several

How long will Rudy stay ? The ‘new’ old Mooch ?

And, btw, if you’re explaining, you are losing…

33 Likes

It’s almost as if a person shouldn’t have his attorney go on television and discuss his cases in front of cameras. You might think that wasn’t a sound strategy.
(Although if what you want is to taint each and every jury pool that could ever be called in a case involving a specific person, this might be an effective tactic. That seems to be Dotard’s actual goal: he plans to have muddied the water so thoroughly that he can only be tried in Congress, which he intends to keep pliant. Any actual criminal or civil proceeding in courts will be impossible because there will be no jury that can sit.)

15 Likes

Trump is a champion liar–is there an international reward for that?

6 Likes

Of course, the media will continue to focus on the affair aspect, and whether or not it occurred. As opposed to focusing on the fact that you have a sitting President who is susceptible to blackmail, and is willing to give things of tremendous monetary value in exchange for keeping his private life secret.

55 Likes

Boy, I sure wish some putatively rich person would accuse me of making a false and “extortionist” accusation that I could jolly well prove wasn’t after I’d already filed a defamation suit on what had come before. I’d be calling the bank and telling them to make sure they had room for a big 'ol bag of money.

41 Likes

I guess we’ve got an “It depends on what your definition of ‘is’ is” for the 2000’s!

“It depends on what your definition of ‘affair’ is”

7 Likes

BTW, I’m pretty sure extortion is a crime, and I doubt the statute of limitations has run out. So, let’s proceed with the criminal/civil actions, and all the testimony under oath they would engender.

24 Likes

I’m pretty sure the accusation is defamation. He’s digging his own grave with his thumbs.

57 Likes

That’s the thing that is scarcely mentioned in all of these scandals (not just tRump, but all of his other orbital scandalmongers)- the possibility of being blackmailed. That is a big part of why they do extensive vetting and background checks. If you’re in a powerful position, does someone somewhere have something on you that they can use against you? GOP is willfully ignoring this part.

35 Likes

Two more counts for Stormy’s defamation lawsuit.

16 Likes

You gotta love the consistency, though. Even while attempting to brush away the lies and shady dealings, Spanky still manages to stroke his own ego by referring to himself as both a celebrity and person of wealth.

SAD!

47 Likes