Discussion: Trump-McConnell Feud Sets The Stage For A September From Hell

16 Likes

You know you’ve crossed the Rubicon when you find yourself rooting for McYertle.

43 Likes

If Trump folds and goes back to Florida, Pence is likely to be more compliant. Not effective, but compliant.

10 Likes

“itchy twitter finger”; Classic!

25 Likes

Trump and Congressional Republicans in a death match while the rest of us watch, enjoy our popcorn and think of this scene from Animal House:

4 Likes

It’s like we are living in an Ancient Greek Tragicomedy, Where is the chorus telling us either everyone gets killed or everything will work out ok? This is beyond bizarre.

15 Likes

Pence’s capacity for compliance has been well proven by this point. :smile: But the GOP would be in total disarray. The Trumpian base would be like a tantrum-throwing child who’s being punished without really knowing why. I’d imagine the red-meat flingers like Cruz would airily say Trump wasn’t a “real conservative,” which amounts to a same-great-flavor-slightly-less-insanity argument for themselves. Hard to see them setting the world on fire with that. At any rate, if a nominally Pence-led GOP would in any way be a problem, it’s a problem I’d gladly accept in exchange for what’s going on now. I never wanted to die in a nuclear holocaust and my feelings on that remain consistent.

26 Likes

Agree 100%. Pence would pull some Talibornagain shenanigans, but 90% of the time would be able to be put back in check - as was seen when he was governor. On other fronts he’d be boilerplate (RW) GOP, but nominally sane, and internationally he would not be the terror tot we have right now.

15 Likes

Trump housing:
Atlas Shelters

9 Likes

Oh goodie in a week’s time we will have the first major fight between a pair of thumbs and a turtle’s shell. Well at least we don’t have to pay to view it.

13 Likes

Up at the surface, civilization has been destroyed, nothing will grow, mass extinctions and plagues ravage the planet, a few maddened survivors roam the corpse-ridden landscapes, killing and eating anything they find, including other humans. Bummer. But on the other hand, look, honey! The sofa’s real leather!

25 Likes

Ah , the UK`s Second Word War Anderson shelters in peoples backyards ( Under the ground ) .

1 Like

Yup. As long as the food lasts, it’s fun. But even the biggest supply is, well, limited. So…delaying the inevitable, you might say.

6 Likes

I would think the air might be a problem eventually, too. I’m sure public spirited vendors have products to purify it, and am equally sure that doing that indefinitely would either be cost-prohibitive or would need additional support from outside that would—guess what–be unavailable.

5 Likes

Roll those grenades, boys! Frag 'em early, frag 'em often!

3 Likes

I’ve sometimes wondered if the unreasoning pursuit of wealth beyond where it could improve your life in any imaginable way isn’t in part, for some, a form of denial about suffering and death. Certainly you have to wonder what sort of life these people imagine they’re going to survive to live.

22 Likes

Its like watching your two worst enemies beat each other to death. Fun times.

14 Likes

Is that Lust Object in the background, selling them?

4 Likes

Looks great until about 35 days in, when the whole place begins to smell like the women’s locker room.

2 Likes

Trump has this month to pass anything. If he fails he won’t accomplish any of his signature campaign promises.

When a President is elected in this era of the perpetual campaign he has, at best, one year to accomplish everything he proposed on the campaign trail. After that first year Congress is deep into the next election so nothing gets done the 2nd year. Most of the time the house changes hands in the midterm so nothing is accomplished the third year that isn’t bipartisan. The 4th year is all re-election campaign all the time. In the best of circumstances Trump is down to the last real month of his Presidency. What a failure.

21 Likes