Discussion: Trump Makes Bizarre Courtesy Call At CIA Headquarters

NPR reported that is was Trump staffers leading the clapping.

2 Likes

Indeed. Bill Maher on Friday night said that the $1M he donated to the Obama reelection campaign against Romney, he would gladly donate to Romney if it would, somehow, accomplish Mitt Romney’s being President now.

Alec Baldwin couldn’t have said it better.

1 Like

I heard that President Trump berated the CIA agents for not stealing Iraq’s oil. He also said that he was brown nosing Putin so that he could steal Russia’s oil also.

“Enough about you. Let’s talk about me.” No doubt about it; this man is off his rocker.

1 Like

Dr. Orange Evil’s intelligence doesn’t recognize other intelligence, Central or otherwise.

And on the two broadcast evening news shows I watched? A sound bite of him pledging his support to the CIA–the Queeg bite was a no-show. No wonder your parents and grandparents had no idea.

2 Likes

Smokey is the Forest Service’s mascot along with Woodsy Owl

Maris, Mantle, all of them. That’s who he was saying he was better than. That’s what made this bloviation so remarkable. His sense of himself is so out of proportion to the reality of himself, which is about as big as a thimble.

1 Like

Just don’t let him get a dog.

1 Like

I love this one: “Orange is not the new black”.

4 Likes

I agree. I keep telling my friends not to worry too much about a Trump Presidency, because he’s not effective enough to do too much harm. A White House that has no press presence, no popular support, and shows itself to be a buffoon in front of its public servants is unlikely to have much lasting effect. Congress isn’t going to line up behind Trump, because he brings nothing to the table, so he won’t be able to form an effective agenda. His cabinet picks are going to spend 4 years Googling “What does the Secretary of State do?” The CIA is going to shrug and just drag its heels on everything because they don’t want any part of this shitshow.

And all the while, Trump will be so busy playing whack-a-mole with facts and the press on Twitter that he won’t be able to actually screw people over.

The reason the GOP congress is trying to push their agenda through so quickly isn’t opportunism… It’s because they see the cliff coming and know they have only a few months before they need to start playing defense, as the majority, against the backlash that’s surely coming in the mid-terms. How long before House member is relatively safe districts are sweating because they’re caught between a surging Democratic backlash and the wrath of Trump supporters because he starts talking about how Congress won’t cow-tow to his every demand?

The political landscape is going to get ugly for the GOP very quickly. I think Democrats may have finally figured out a way to get voters to turn out for a mid-term election.

2 Likes

It means he sometimes likes his hookers to dress in glasses and lab coats.

2 Likes

“I’m like a smart person.”

Wake me when it’s over.

2 Likes

Absolutely appalling.

I suspect the CIA headquarters operates like many other federal agencies - the majority of the staff would work Monday through Friday - so I wouldn’t expect many people to be on hand on a Saturday.

She has the hazmat suit to do the job. The inauguration was a test run.

yeah. we should at least get the warm ocean breezes. wtf?

I think there is a good chance that he will become certifiably unhinged as the pressures of office inevitably increase.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available