Discussion: Trump Legal Team: POTUS Would Sit For Mueller's Collusion Questions, But No Obstruction

“You can ask him whether he knew if the victim had any hobbies. But you can’t ask him if he was with him when he died.”

36 Likes

I’m okay with you asking about the bloody ax in the back seat but you can’t check the trunk for body parts.

38 Likes

Giuliani told the WSJ that the “we think the obstruction of it is handled by Article 2 of the Constitution,” referencing a president’s jurisdiction to hire and fire members of an administration as he or she pleases.

Translation: They’ll nail him on either perjury or obstruction if he answers these questions.

33 Likes

You can ask me about anything you want but you can only use words without the letter “e.”

34 Likes

9 Likes

Trump Legal Team: POTUS Would Sit For Mueller’s Collusion Questions, But No Obstruction

Refusing to answer questions about obstruction is … obstruction.

60 Likes

Screw Trump. The Feds don’t need his b.s. testimony to make their case.
Tell him: “thanks, but no thanks.”

17 Likes

That’s all we need
Put that idiot in the chair and he will incriminate himself in about 20 seconds …
Geometric logic indeed

14 Likes

So in other words I will lie about one thing, but not the other.

14 Likes

Happy questions, like ‘do you think it’s possible to love America too much’, that’s ok. That negative stuff is bad for America.

22 Likes

Sources say he has also demanded that the bag over his head when he is frog-marched to jail must be white.

4 Likes

or
Can you tell us what the results of the Electoral College were?

11 Likes

Beat me to it. This, btw, is one of the few books I simply couldn’t finish.

8 Likes

Q: “Mr. Trump, please state your name, for the record.”
A: “There was absolutely no collusion.”

28 Likes

No one is arguing whether Trump had the authority to fire Comey. He did and Rudy shows himself to be an amateur dodger in his remarks. What’s being questioned is why Comey was fired. We all know of course. That was early in Trump’s stint as POTUS and he still hadn’t absorbed the rule changes that take place when one goes from CEO to POTUS. He naively thought he could can the guy and that would pit an end to his work. He said as much to the Russian ambassador to the USA and their foreign minister.

I can’t believe Mueller thinks an interview with Trump on any subject would be worth a salt. He must be plying by the rules and feels he should give the guy a shot.

9 Likes

Cough, cough, bullshit.

6 Likes

Being President gives me the right to obstruct justice.

Lord how far have we fallen.

12 Likes

Seriously I assume there’s no connection between Giuliani’s babblings and any actual legal strategy. I doubt they want to let Mueller ask Trump what time of day it is or if the family’s well for fear of what he’d say. And if the idea is to demonstrate total confidence on the collusion side well good luck with that. Mueller don’t play, folks. He’s demonstrated over and over he can pretty much see through walls.

29 Likes

Mueller is an excellent prosecutor. He has his reasons for approaching this investigation as he has. For any of us to second guess or suggest strategy is folly. Nevertheless, I’d love to see him subpoena Trump, tell his legal team there were no damned agreed upon ground rules, nothing was off limits, and if they didn’t like it they could contest the subpoena in court.
Brett Kavanaugh’s writings reflect his opinion that in fact there is at least one person, the President, that is above the law. I think it would be good for the nation to have that question settled. I’ve read some of Kavanaugh’s past writings that have recently surfaced. A literal intepretation of his thoughts means the President can committ murder and defer punishment for the entire length of his term. I doubt the Founders intended the nation be led by a known criminal, likely guilty of any number of heinous crimes. Including working in conjunction (allegedly) with a military adversary to steal an election.

36 Likes