Discussion: Trump Leads GOP Field By 17 Points Less Than A Month Before Iowa

Discussion for article #244290

I don’t see a lot of Trump supporters going out to caucus. School gyms and firehouses are not classy.

1 Like

Hopefully Trump gets the GOP nod. Either Hillary trounces him, as pundits predict, or he becomes Prez. If he’s Prez the nation has earned him. Some price must be exacted for our behavior in the last 60 years, it may as well take form with him.

7 Likes

I can’t wait to see Trump debating foreign policy with Clinton, or any policy for that matter.

2 Likes

“No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me —has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.*” ___ H. L. Menken

Actually, hate, bigotry, fear mongering, xenophobia and racism have always worked quite well as dog whistles for the Right Wingnuttery. Trump and his marketing teams know this quite well and are doing a ‘heckova’ job exploiting it.

2 Likes

“You just wait, we’re gonna do great things!!” works well for any question.

To wit, Trump's discussion of plans for defeating ISIS:

“IF I run, and IF I win, I don’t want the enemy to know what I’m doing. Unfortunately, I’ll probably have to tell at some point, but there is a method of defeating them quickly and effectively and having total victory.”
“I know a way that would absolutely give us guaranteed victory,” Trump told Conway, adding that he doesn’t want to say his “foolproof” idea because, “number one,” people will forget it was his idea and “number two,” it would tip off the enemy.

http://wonkette.com/587498/president-donald-trump-has-secret-plan-to-kill-isis-but-loser-obama-doesnt-even-care
1 Like

National polls are pretty irrelevant at this point, but this one does bring out a rather interesting factoid.

Only like 50% of Trump’s supporters say they are definitely going to show up and vote for him. If we cut his numbers in half…or even reduce them by 33%…in the early states, Trump loses.

And with such a poor voter outreach program underway within his campaign…that is what I definitely think is going to happen.

4 Likes

“Yea, though I walk through the valley of death I will fear no evil, for I am the meanest son of a bitch in the valley.” ___ Joel Rosenberg

Trump version: “Yea, though I walk through the valley of Dumbfu*kerstan, Baggerland, I will fear no other GOP clown, for I am the meanest son of a bitchin’ clown in the valley.”

So, his lead is no surprise. The Bagger audience who look for the loudest and lowest creature that reflects their own psyches have been rewarded in Trump. They beg for such swill and he provides it.

1 Like

I don’t disagree; but what keeps me up at night isn’t the thought of Trump as President but the sociopath Ted Cruz. I can imagine him pushing the nuclear button to facilitate the rapture.

1 Like

Trumps’ supporters are low educated white males in the 40 to 65 year old age bracket. Blue collar NRA card carrying members with a history of lots of drinking themselves or being brought up in homes where drinking was a problem. They are commonly unemployed or under employed and not very informed…relying on a greedy bastard billionaire to bring back jobs for them speaks to their level of ignorance as well as their desperation because clearly Obama failed to deliver.

Not exactly a high class demographic…fire stations are probably like a 4 star night out to them.

Plus, his “amazing, never-before-seen” TV ad is indistinguishable from all the other GOP jokers. There’s nothing new, special or ‘great’ about it. Just repeats lines using monosyllabic words out of his stump speeches with sinister music playing in the background. As if I haven’t seen that a million times before… Simple, empty, mind-numbing blather.

Take a good long look. trump IS the poster boy of what the gop/bag (haters club for men) party has become!

Who better than him to lead them all to defeat…taking gop/bag congressional, senate and state seats along with him!

Shit, I thought we were already paying.

1 Like

One thing you always hear is that Trump’s segment has a high percentage of people who’ve never voted at all. Will they show up at the caucuses? Will they be at all persuasive against the Cruz supporters if they do? I still think his situation is extremely volatile.

That level of commitment (on both the ends) is as deep as starring a bad reality show in an insulated studio on the one hand and watching it in front of TV on the other hand, which may let them give vent to anger and frustration, feel good and have fun… and perhaps it may actually be what it is. We’ll see…

Got laid off in 2008 from the best-paying job I ever had. And having voted D all my life, the subsequent difficulties felt like payment enough. I live in a country in which a majority voted for Barack H. Obama twice and I’m not interested in a lot more punishment, thank you very much.

1 Like

The tens of thousands of innocent civilians we fed into a meat grinder in Iraq and Afghanistan are sorry for your difficulties.

Off your Anger Management classes I see.

2 Likes

I didn’t create that situation. There are other responses I could make to you that I’ll ask you to imagine for yourself.

Between 2006 and 2008, you and millions of other Americans lost their jobs. Since 2008, we have had uninterrupted job growth each and every month. For me, and most who voted for President Obama, I think a hearty thanks is in order. For the GOP that opposed even greater job growth for Veterans, green energy jobs, etc… to make Obama a ‘one-term president’, I have only derision.