Discussion: Trump Lawyers Hide Behind His Word Choice To Avoid Addressing Tweet

2 Likes

Trump and his lawyers should fuck themselves. And by that I mean no hostility or intent to offend. And it’s certainly not an order. I just think it’s a thing they should do.

35 Likes

Yeah, and at Fox News, Bill O’Reilly told hawwwt lady subordinates that they “should” sleep with him.

This’ll go great. Good work, everyone.

13 Likes

Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani said more explicitly: “He carefully used the word, ‘should’.”

And he actually meant “shouldn’t”…

29 Likes

I didn’t TELL Russia to hack the DNC and send me all the dirt, I just said they SHOULD hack the DNC and send me all the dirt.

No collusion, no collusion, just shouldllusion!

18 Likes

Rudy deserves a few carefully chosen words as well: Foolish; demented; past his prime; pathetic.

7 Likes

This tweet could be especially notable, as per the New York Times, Mueller is looking at Trump’s tweets for evidence of obstruction of justice.

…and T rumpp firmly believe that with him as POTUS, he is immune from justice. Justice simply does not exist. If Hillary is not locked up, there is no such thing as justice.

7 Likes

Isn’t calling on the Attorney General to end an inquiry that is being led by a lawfully appointed Special Counsel - when the AG has recused himself from that inquiry - commissioning or seeking to commission an unlawful act? If it was John Doe who made that call it might be overlooked - by the prosecuting authorities - but, if it is the POTUS, surely it is an attempt to obstruct justice. Please - can you tell me if there is something I don’t understand about your US justice system is supposed to work.

20 Likes

This is Trump doubling down on obstruction of justice.

15 Likes

Actually, Trump is very well known for his deliberate, careful use of words.

“Lock her up”
“Russia, if you’re listening…”
“Fine people on both sides”
“Shithole countries”
“SOBs” (in regards to NFL players)
“Rapists and bringing drugs”

Yup. A guy who says what he means and means what he says. No denying that. He’s a racist, misogynist, bigoted colluder-in-Chief.

Sekulow and Guliani can’t have it both ways.

25 Likes

It appears that they are.

17 Likes

When my boss tells me I “should” do something, I understand it as a directive, not a suggestion.

16 Likes

Moreover, they’re stupid and indecent enough to do it in public!

3 Likes

They lost me with the claim “carefully used”.

3 Likes

Don’t forget “publicity whore.”

11 Likes

“Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?” was also not an order.

Still resulted in murder, though.

15 Likes

With Sekulow and Gulliani helping, this will not end well…

5 Likes

That’s what Putin said on November 8, 2016 (“Это не закончится хорошо!”)

3 Likes

Not a lawyer but my understanding is a prosecutor has to establish what’s called the “corrupt intent” of the action taken. Now, any reasonable person could see that Trump has been seeking to avoid and frustrate the investigation into his campaign and administration. But the process of evaluating the information on it has to play out before you’ll see action on it. Also it seems Mueller believes in following the DOJ guideline that a sitting president can’t be indicted while in office, only impeached.

6 Likes

No Obstruction is that his new most favorite tweet?

Forget whether or not he cares about obstructing the investigation, does he even understand that he is doing this over and over?

2 Likes