Discussion: Trump Is Still Mad At Fox News For Bernie Sanders' Town Hall

Many Trump Fans & Signs were outside of the @FoxNews Studio last night in the now thriving (Thank you President Trump) Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, for the interview with Crazy Bernie Sanders. Big complaints about not being let in-stuffed with Bernie supporters. What’s with @FoxNews?

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 17, 2019

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LAUMT421090000000003?amp%3bdata_tool=XGtable&output_view=data&include_graphs=true

Unemployment in the Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton area of Pennsylvania has actually gone up in the last year.
3 Likes

This one comment is not enough data to support that conclusion.

Or look at it this way: Trump appears to be as scared of Sanders as he is of everyone else who’s not a flatterer or a sycophant.

I think Trump does focus his insults and mockery at those he deems as having the most potential to unseat him.

Suit jackets that fit, normal length ties, wind and rain…

13 Likes

“Thank you President Trump”

This 3rd person dialogue is and has been very disturbing, not to mention the extreme self-adoration. The frickin’ savior of the universe.

7 Likes

Mr Littlefingers has a pouty face …

1 Like

I love how Trump just assumes it’s his fucking network and why should any Democrat be “allowed” on it.

Yes, I think this is very telling of the relationship between Fox and Trump. He is practically saying - this is not how the marketing arm of the Republican party should be conducting themselves - and he is doing this right out in the open.

8 Likes

Tacos, umbrellas, “oranges”…

8 Likes

Or he is an impulsive egomaniac, who just lost center stage - even if just for one hour - on what he considers “his best friends” tv station (the station’s media igures, not the station owner, being the best friends.)

I think he’s salty, terrified of the Mueller report release - despite surgical redactions, and feeling isolated and paranoid about having no one to trust. And then Fox has a town hall for Bernie? That had to be a sharp kick in his groin.

12 Likes

Don’t forget to get screened:for windmill cancer.

12 Likes

There is this, too, from last night:

Personally, I think Americans will prefer “Crazy” over “Sleepy.”

1 Like

Here’s the thing; if Fox was straight about audience selection, that means the response on health care is extremely bad news for Trump.

But, if Fox did stack the audience for Sanders, that is extremely bad news for Trump, but in an entirely different way.

No wonder he is foaming at the mouth.

13 Likes

What is Trump pissed about- that Bernie supporters showed up for a town hall with Bernie-or that Fox let them in? It almost sounds like Trump expected Fox to rig the event and bring in anti-Bernie rapid Trump supporters just to make Bernie look bad.

10 Likes

Totally agree with you. I don’t think Rump is afraid of Saint Bernard at all. He just doesn’t understand why something that he thinks is his (Fox News) would “turn on him.”

Being the dotard that he is, he doesn’t understand that Fox is actually doing him a favor with the audience that they have.

7 Likes

That would make sense if he didn’t continue to attack both President Obama and Sec. Clinton, both of whom aren’t running. The list of people, places, and things he insults and mocks is epic. If anything, he seems less inclined to engage those he is truly afraid of. I still remember the reverend in Flint who took the mic away from him.

9 Likes

Anger and fear very often go together, and Trump is a pretty angry guy these days. For a narcissist like him, that’s his “tell”. In that context, it is good to hear how many of the current group of Democrats evidently scare the daylights out of Trump.

They should scare him. This is the strongest group of Democrats we’ve had in a generation and Trump is the most corrupt, and one of the least competent, presidents ever.

9 Likes

Women who stand up to him…

9 Likes

@erik_t

You two are cracking me up this morning. I am in near tears laughing.

3 Likes

So is Markos Moulitsas, who stunned me, Chuck Todd, and hopefully a lot of others when he castigated Sanders for appearing, and Mayor Pete (I got to learn how to spell his name!) for planning to appear there. Moulitsas says liberals who appear on Fox “legitimize” it as if its viewers would be watching Lawrence O’Donnell or Rachel Maddow if Bernie wasn’t on Fox. I am not a Bernie fan, but good for him for reaching out. I always think the party made a huge mistake 12 years ago when it did not adopt Howard Dean’s 50 state strategy, instead of worrying about how much brie and pinot grigio it could sell to donors from Manhatten and San Francisco.

5 Likes

They do issue statements and make comments in various forums critical of Trump, albeit often veiled and non-specific to him. He cannot let go of a perceived slight, even one from a person that isn’t a direct threat to his power.

2 Likes

Exercise, eagles, witch hunters.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available