Discussion: Trump Is Obsessed With Renovating ‘Ugliest,’ ‘Terrible’ FBI Building

I wish someone could renovate the Donald. Oh how I long for the days we were not embarrassed by our president.

9 Likes

I bet he is going to use the SVR for interior decoration.

4 Likes

I think we should give him the contract for the renovation as long as he resigns NOW… and HOPEFULLY takes Pence with him

2 Likes

He has no taste

3 Likes

Someone broke the idiot clock – the J. Edgar Hoover Building is a hideous monstrosity (albeit one whose appearance is appropriate to the comportment of its namesake).

Now, one could make the argument the President should have something better to do than bitch about architecture…

9 Likes

He’s not wrong. It is an architectural monstrosity.

But then so is Trump Tower.

14 Likes

Yep, it’s entirely about the building. Sure it is. And yes, it’s an ugly building. And no, it has no reason to be in downtown DC. But I have news for trump: he’s not allowed to build higher than the capitol.

3 Likes

I am fine with a new FBI building as long as it is not named after J. Edgar Hoover. (The current one is as ugly as the FBI’s history of racism and undermining free speech and civil liberties.)

5 Likes

not enough gold, I guess…

seriously, I would encourage this obsession. It keeps him away from damaging other things. It sure beats obsessing about immigration, Mueller, taxes, ACA, medicare, Iran…etc.

2 Likes

Just don’t let Trump do the interior design.

7 Likes

Dotard has entered his Albert Speer period.

@desertdweller
SVR is the lowest bidder? Great!

15 Likes

It will be much easier for him to plant the Russian listening devices if he’s involved in the renovation.

7 Likes

He’s such an asshole. I doubt he knows anything about the concepts of Brutalism, or even who Le Corbusier is. Just assumes the term is derogatory and an insult.

It’s a perfectly fine functional urban building. But what he’d like to see would probably be something more like this:

Or this for sure:

3 Likes

I’m glad he doesn’t have more important things to do like being president

11 Likes

Cover IT WITh gold AND marble. And ALSO put TRUmp’s name on it. Trump, I AM PROud to say has DONE more FOR building MORAL at the FBI than ANY president PREVIOUSLY, INCLUDING ABE Lincoln.

16 Likes

Too bad someone canceled the plan to relocate the FBI out of the city and redevelop that site:

3 Likes

Donald Trump founder of the “Boorhaus” movement in architecture.

10 Likes

Like Nero & Hitler, Hair Furor is obsessed with remaking our capital in his image.

Given the FBI’s long history under Hoover and others, brutalist architecture seems apt.

6 Likes

Here in Houston, we have our own gem of brutalist architecture – and it’s beloved by everyone in the city.
http://brutalism.online/brutalist-buildings/14-usa/240-alley-theatre-houston-texas

3 Likes