Discussion: Trump: I'm Going To Ask Congress For Tax Reform 'Speed-Up' Because Of Irma

1 Like

I admit to being just a simple caveman, but am I alone in thinking that this rationale makes no sense?

56 Likes

Scroll down to “Some key findings!”

The reform that is needed is for these companies to pay their fair share!

17 Likes

Yeah, not happening. Even if he hadn’t squandered his poliitcal capital, it’d be difficult. Now, it’s all but impossible.

13 Likes

Irma is hammering the poor and middle class. Quick, let’s pass tax breaks for the 1%.

39 Likes

“We will discussing our plan for dramatic tax cuts and tax reform. And I think now with what’s happened with the hurricane, I’m going to ask for a speed-up,” Trump said at the opening of a cabinet meeting at Camp David. “I wanted a speed-up anyway but now we need it even more so.”

I hope Peter Baker is doing ok.

3 Likes

"I think now with what’s happened with the hurricane, I’m going to ask for a speed-up,”

Well, … of course. Makes perfect sense.
The country is now behind you, exalted one, now that you have clearly explained tax reform.

18 Likes

but according to the NYT, going this route shows that Trump is a political non conformist.

13 Likes

I guess bolstering FEMA to help hurricane victims is not enough of a “win”.

11 Likes

But Mar-e-Coli wasn’t hit, so no need for a taxpayer bail-out, right?

Somehow though, I could see Uday and Qusay running around there, leaving faucets running and breaking windows, so Daddy Derp can collect on his Flood Insurance.

17 Likes

OK, but when and how is the orange topped “exalted one” going to part the [flood] waters?

1 Like

So, Chuck and Nancy, Donnie’s tax returns before tax reform cooperation, right?

22 Likes

If that means “fucking idiot with no plan,” I would have to agree.

24 Likes

Trump is already exploiting the misery of millions for his own private gain. Incredible/inevitable.

13 Likes

just like last year, but look on the bright side: it introduced folks to the comedic stylings of this guy

4 Likes

Ewwww. He makes my skin crawl.

5 Likes

Nothing cheers up a family holing up at a shelter with nowhere to go quite like a massive cut to corporate tax rates.

33 Likes

I’m sure Donnie will be able to Koch a massive corporate tax refund out of this.

4 Likes

A translation might help: Trump and the GOP in general would like to make sure that rich people won’t be expected to help pay for these disasters. This is important.

17 Likes

More of that doodoo economics.

14 Likes