Discussion: Trump: 'I Think Everybody Would Be Very Poor' If I Got Impeached

1 Like

Au contraire, mon vieux.

We’d still be very poor but we’d feel like a million bucks.

51 Likes

OT, but since TPM seems allergic to posting positive stories about Democrats but treats us to every senile mumble of the imbecile in chief, here’s a link to a DK post about Dems conveying a unified and strong message on Kavanaugh. https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/8/22/1790278/-Democratic-Leaders-Present-Unified-Front-against-Kavanaugh
More of this, please! And, if you have a Republican Senator, office numbers are down at the bottom of the post. You know what to do!

16 Likes

This is part and parcel with the Trumpsters insistence that Obama did nothing and the stock market did not REALLY go from 7000 to 18000 after the Republicans imploded the economy. It’s all HIM. All TRUMP!!!

19 Likes

Funny how R’s are the only ones talking impeachment.

Proceed.

15 Likes

Damn he really is fucked in the head isn’t he. I loved the comment about how you can learn stuff watching TV! Goddamn there better be someone between him and the nuclear button…make that several people and not people of his choosing!

Is there a slightly used soundproof booth we can put this idiot in for a couple years?

23 Likes

Trump adding later:

And by everybody I mostly mean the suckers that voted for me in the first place

6 Likes

Wwwwhhhaaattt
???

4 Likes

Gasping I would think.

1 Like

As a rule, while I will read Trump’s words and much written about him, I try to avoid ever listening to the man’s voice, so I will not be clicking on these videos. w/o any real write up from TPM accompanying it, this is a non-starter—was this one of his ‘Praise Don from whom all blessings flow’ comments?

19 Likes

The degree of malignant narcissism of Hair Twit-ler is just breathtaking. It is all about him. It is hard to believe that even FOX can keep how truly sick he is to his followers.

6 Likes

That’s about right. He said he can’t understand how they’d impeach him since he’s doing a great job but if he were impeached the market would immediately crash. From the first day he got rid of regulations, approved pipelines, tax cut yadda yadda and if Hillary had won the market would have gone down and yadda yadda yadda. He never actually said he thought the Demoncraps would impeach him. He didn’t say “This is inconceivable!” but that seems to be his way of thought. He doesn’t seem to know the second half of the phrase “high crimes and misdemeanors,” which was surprising because I’d think it would be on his mind a lot. I’ve never seen anyone like him–he literally pays zero attention to anything outside his fantasy world, including things that are of the highest and most urgent importance personally to him.

25 Likes

I needed to stifle a yawn half way through. I give the interviewer a lot of credit.

2 Likes

I think I’ll take my chances.

12 Likes

His lawyers wouldn’t be poor by the end of it.

And most Americans would be much enriched by the process.

9 Likes

Me either. One of the numerous reasons I come to TPM is so that I don’t have to listen to him. I find his voice utterly grating. Reminds me of Dorothy from Golden Girls whining about something “Maaaaah” said.

14 Likes

One thing you can’t deny is that Mr. Trump is sure a cogent and articulate speaker.

When he came in it was up one and now it’s up four??? It would have been down if Hillary had won??Does that refer to anything in particular or just “it”? And China is down 15 trillion???

4 Likes

Would I get voted off the island for belaboring the obvious if I said I find all this disturbing?

5 Likes

The Grate Full Dud.

9 Likes

We’d have to vote every other poster off the island, with me very much among them. People who’ve lived under authoritarian systems say you should try to continue to be disturbed. Accepting it is bad.

13 Likes