Discussion: Trump: I Met With 4 'Potential' SCOTUS Nominees Today, '2 Or 3 More' To Come

1 Like

I could care less how many potential SCOTUS candidates he met or will be meeting. The nominee will be ultra conservative, against gay rights, voter rights, family planning, regulations of any kind, free speech when it pertains to anyone other than a religious conservative,free press, immigration, health care etc etc etc.

As always, Trump is making the selection a reality/game show.

24 Likes

Trump told reporters as he sat beside Mark Rutte, the prime minister of the Netherlands, …

Every time he answers questions while sitting beside the leader of any foreign country I think, “and the foreign leader probably speaks English more coherently than Trump.”

23 Likes

Sure, they’ve already been carefully vetted the Federalist Society and the Heritage Foundation for ideological reliability. But … how’d they rate on the fealty meter?

19 Likes

You know, I hate to give him ideas, but why doesn’t the asshole just nominate himself and be done with it?

6 Likes

[quote=“dannydorko, post:5, topic:74308, full:true”]
You know, I hate to give him ideas, but why doesn’t the asshole just nominate himself and be done with it?
[/quote]If the other justices had to discuss the issues of any case with him for more than 5 minutes max, there’d suddenly be 8 vacancies on the Court.

7 Likes

And in the process is dredging the bottom of the barrel.

4 Likes

I’m sure it was a short list of question:

“Are you willing to do anything to protect your president in return for this lifetime job?”

16 Likes

"I will be meeting with two or three more, and we will make a decision on the United States Supreme Court, the new justice, that will be made over the next few days and we will be announcing it on Monday. And I look forward to that. I think the person that is chosen will be outstanding.”

Earth to President Trump: The United States Senate must still confirm your choice, or did you miss that day in high school civics class?

7 Likes

Is there a “Judge Alberoni” on Trump’s short list?

Saint-Simon’s Memoirs records an instance of truly astonishing sycophancy. Upon rising, the Duke de Vendôme habitually took up his “chaise-persée” (a portable toilet), upon which he held court. Vendôme welcomed one supplicant, a bishop from Parma, in his usual style. During the interview, he rose, turned his backside to the bishop, and wiped himself. Disgusted, the bishop refused to see him again, but sent the perfect surrogate in Giulio Alberoni, who, treated to the same display, had a ready reply: “O culo d’angelo” (roughly translated, “Oh, ass of an angel!”), and he “ran to kiss” the duke’s behind. Alberoni’s long and successful career was thus assured.

16 Likes

I think you could well argue that 90% of the world’s population probably speaks English more coherently than Trump.

12 Likes

These conversations (OK monologues) must have been something. I’d love to take them to a bar afterward, watch them throw back two or three shots of Scotch, and then ask them what they thought.

12 Likes

““I interviewed and met with four potential justices of our great Supreme Court.””

REAL journalist: “Could you please tell us who they were and which ones swore fealty to you?”

9 Likes

And the skin tone of the various nominees:

21 Likes

“He’s mentally ill and/or retarded for sure, but at least we get to overturn Roe v. Wade. Thank god for Bernie voters.”

9 Likes

yep, they’ll be asked to compete in some kind of crazy contest for an ‘idol’

3 Likes

Trump list of Questions leaked…

1. Should the Supreme court show deference to the executive?

2. What is you view on the extent of the presidential pardon power? Please elaborate on self pardons…

3. Can a sitting President be indicted?

10 Likes

Leaked photo of actual meeting:

8 Likes

I’ve completely lost interest in this process. It’s a complete sham. In fact, “It’s a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of a travesty of two mockeries of a sham.”

Three fifths of the country, me included, will have no respect for the 5 cons that will make up the court and who weaponize the constitution to put down women, minorities, the poor, those who seek relief from gun violence, environmental degradation and the depredations of the rentier class. They are no better than the judges of Putin’s Russia.

Fuck 'em. They’re dead to me. Just get on with it. I’m moving on.

18 Likes

USA = Under Satan’s Authority

2 Likes