Discussion: Trump Golf Courses Use Another Family's Coat Of Arms

I have coats with sleeves, does that count?

1 Like

Well, it may be typical Trump, but really - a coat of arms? That sounds more like England or some other monarchy. I thought that the United States became a republic somewhere around 1776… So, “stealing”, “plagiarizing” or whatever does not concern me too much when it comes to a coat of arms in the United States.

People have been proposing all sorts of things for the Trump crest, but honestly I’m not sure you can do any better than stealing someone else’s and replacing “Integrity” with “Trump”. It’s appropriate in every possible way.

4 Likes

Only if it’s all sleeves is it a true coat of arms.

1 Like

O that’s silly - we have dual citizens here - people who have citizenship in France or Italy or Germany and citizenship in the US.

It’s not the rejection of the coat of arms that makes us Americans. It was the rejection of the monarchy, which is monarchy even without coats of arms. Impoverished European monarchy have been selling their family’s coats of arms to Americans since at least the end of the 19th Century. It’s the notion of hereditary rule by Monarchs that we rejected and had replaced successfully up until now, with a Democratic Republican form of government and a Constitution

And Americans still marry into coats of arms, and the right to use them, as did Winston Churchill’s mother. Even today.

All of the Scottish clans have some sort of a crest, not specific to one narrow family. Not many people here care deeply about it but it’s an interesting part of history. This would be Trump’s if he took his mother’s side.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/61/Clan_member_crest_badge_-Clan_Macleod.svg/380px-Clan_member_crest_badge-_Clan_Macleod.svg.png

I hate to give up family secrets but we had Hoodies of Arms at best. Haha j/k

@midnight_rambler
I must’ve read and re-read that 5 times and I just got it.
All sleeves-Coat of Arms, zing, that went right over my head.

4 Likes

He’s already been sued in Scotland for appropriating a coat of arms

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2012/01/17/donald-trump-at-last-awarded-the-scottish-coat-of-arms/

ETA: Interestingly, at the time, the theft from Davies wasn’t caught.

2 Likes

Trumpp’s Scottish golf course also uses other people’s back yards.

The cretin declared some of the locals disgusting pigs and claimed an imminent domain type of thing to take parts of their property because he was supposedly making it so much nicer.

Plus, of course he bought off the local officials.

1 Like

…and the words," lack of integrity," or the Latin equivalent.

If there’s a bigger sleeze than Donald Trump, please don’t stand up.

Coat of Arms? Where does Trump get off pretending his ancestors where worthy of displaying anything but a Colonel Sanders fried chicken emblem? And that would be stolen, too.

1 Like

Just call him an old rich slob. Sleeze is too good for him.

2 Likes

A few days ago I watched an interview Trump did in 1990. All I can say, is we were warned. About 9:30 into the interview, Trump is in his office looking out the window at the Plaza Hotel and says that he can’t just admire the beautiful building, he would feel terrible unless he owned it. The Presidency is only the latest thing he decided he must own. Next up, world domination.

Sarah Malone, executive vice-president of Trump International- Scotland, explains the Scottish Trump emblem. She says the motto translates to “Never Give Up.”

In 2012, while still in the planning, the clubhouse at his Aberdeenshire resort was called a “Victorian asylum” and an “ugly monstrosity,” then handed the Zit Award for Scotland’s worst building.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2012/01/17/donald-trump-at-last-awarded-the-scottish-coat-of-arms/

The common folk regard him as a boorish parvenu as well. Only the deplorables are dazzled by his bling.

3 Likes

I would absolutely pay for that!

2 Likes

Ooh, KAC’s got a snappy one…

And Jerod’s nemesis…

3 Likes

I smell a continuing meme and hundreds of photoshopped gifs. Soon. By the very BEST people!

My understanding is these were common when most people were illiterate. The irony of absconding with ‘Integrity’ is delicious.

3 Likes

I’m still crushing on Trudeau, but Macron’s in my sights as well. There’s something about these French pols. :heart_eyes:

1 Like