Discussion: Trump: 'Getting Very Close' To Repealing Obamacare, But 'OK' If We Don't

That rug really tied the room together.

4 Likes

After reading the Trump quotes I feel like I am reading at a third grade reading comprehension level.

3 Likes

Your president, ladies and gentlemen.

I know the Capitol Bldg. isn’t very far from the White House, about two miles, but that must have been the longest bus ride for those Senators, ever.

1 Like

Why even print this rambling gibberish? Nothing Trump ever says makes any sense. It is never thought through for even a moment, rightly so, since the speaker has no thinking capacity. Truly, Trump’s words don’t matter. They never intersect with reality. If ever a President was best seen and not heard, it’s him. And he’s no treat to look at.

1 Like

He might stop the cost reduction payments to insurers, or saying it’s “ok” as a threat to do that. He thinks people will blame democrats, but it’s beyond that now

1 Like

Oops ! —

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/the-truth-is-were-not-even-close-gop-senators-admit-health-care-bill-needs-a-major-overhaul/

1 Like

Don’t try to read anything into it. He has no earthly idea that there is such a thing as cost reduction payments to insurers. He’s not threatening anything specific because he knows nothing specific.

Someone told him he could do that because he floated the idea a few times. He tends to only pay attention to things he can use to bully people, without knowing much more detail. I think however congress will fix that problem, because they do know they will be blamed. I also think Trump is a coward and any threats he makes are all talk

1 Like

sorry reply was to hgc 10, hit the wrong button

Trump-speak:
“The Senate bill will definitely be passed, that you can be sure of … I hope … and if it doesn’t, that’s okay too.
So if it passes, I was right – it’s a fantastic, wonderful bill. And if it doesn’t pass, I was also right – the bill was poorly crafted and we’ll create a much better bill, that much I can tell you.”

Or, to quote part of a line from Owen’s ‘dulce et decorum est’: Gas, gas…

Joe Lieberman. Remember the legislation had to pass muster with the 60th most liberal Senator in the chamber since they weren’t getting any Republican votes. Lieberman killed it.

No. No it’s not. I was a trial lawyer for 20 years and we would love nothing more than people being able to getting medical care when they need it. I can also tell you that the only reason nearly all lawyers support the Democrats is that Republicans keep trying to take away people’s rights and insurance.

That’s truly an absurd thing to say, that plaintiff’s firms don’t want people to get health insurance.

Of course Trump hasn’t read the bill. He doesn’t read. Price fed him the usual lies.

Somebody should ask Sarah Sanders about this:

Fake news: Trump golf resorts display fake Time magazine cover

Jebus just reading his speech pattern makes my skin crawl much less hearing it.

1 Like

He is so completely detached that he truly does not give a shit one way or another.
He plays a president on TV and that’s it for him. He is no more capable of governing than I am of flying a 747 or performing brain surgery.

Does tRump stand for anything?

I agree on that. I bet if Trump had a Democratic Congress, he’d sign whatever they sent him. He don’t know, don’t care.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available