Discussion: Trump Friend Tom Barrack Apologizes For Khashoggi Comment

2 Likes

Why do they hate Amurica!

5 Likes

It’s like trying to “walk back” eating a small child alive.

That’s just not how this works, Tom.

27 Likes

The man is no politician–he spoke his mind.

5 Likes

“So for us to dictate what we think is the moral code there, when we have a young man and regime that is trying to push themselves in to 2030, I think is a mistake.”

Hm. The “young man” defense … It’s not just for white people anymore.

22 Likes

Um… The clarification is almost as confusing as the original statement.

He seems to be suggesting that “Rule of Law” is different in autocraccies - and thus - we don’t understand/shouldn’t dictate/judge - things like a brutal assassination (er - kidnapping and assassination) by a government because… “rule of law”.

Dude, it’s just going to get darker and darker for you. The scrutiny is getting sharper on you and your role and the whole Inaguration fundraising and spending. That is getting pretty bad. Stepping out now and going high profile - and appologia/coverage for KSA and thus for Trump’s position (and law breaking per the report required by Congress) - seems a bit foolhardy. And perhaps a tad sinister.

21 Likes

to TPM: ‘confidante’ - spelled w. an ‘e’ is the feminine form. Barrack is male, therefore, ‘confidant’ w/o an ‘e’ is the correct word. Please note for future usage.

6 Likes

And indicator of the good guys’ (us) position, which is stronger than Barrack (or his handlers) originally thought

6 Likes

when we have a young man and regime that is trying to push themselves in to 2030,

OMG. What bullshit. Looks like they have to be dragged into it screaming.

8 Likes

Lame apology.

16 Likes

Yup, he showed his white supremacist authoritarian side. And folks wonder why he would be Trump’s “only real friend” birds of a feather and all…

can’t unring that bell Tommy…

11 Likes

Walking it back because he was caught saying it in the first place. You’re a pig, Tom. Simple as that.

10 Likes

I suppose he could have been picked as SoS. He would be perfect in a Trump administration.

5 Likes

What’s left of it.

2 Likes

The killing My undisguised glee over the savage murder and unimaginable bone-sawing of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi was atrocious and inexcusable,” Barrack wrote in a statement. “I apologize for not making this clear in my comments getting caught celebrating in public earlier this week.”

Fixed.

33 Likes

He got his (and Trump’s) true point across to his rich foreign friends. They understand that his craven apology in the USA is a meaningless necessity of domestic politics.

23 Likes

Is there any one in this administration who cares about the law? Anyone?

17 Likes

Only in the sense that they want to get away with breaking it.

16 Likes

Obviously Barrack should step down from the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.

4 Likes