Discussion: Trump Floats Starbucks Boycott, Pledges Return Of 'Merry Christmas'

Discussion for article #242674

“By the way, that’s the end of that lease, but who cares?”
Starbucks will easily win if they go to court on this. There absolutely no legal reason they can be booted from their lease just so Trump can kowtow to haters who think this country is a theocracy.

19 Likes

He’s got cranky Fox-geezer-speak down cold.

21 Likes

“Christians” are not upset; conservative whack job Christians are upset. And the driving force of their opinion has everything to do with the conservative, and nothing to do with the Christian. This is the type of sloppiness on the part of journalists that not only aids the whack jobs, but promotes divisiveness in our country. It’s time to quit pretending that these assholes represent mainstream Christian thought. It may generate clicks and interest, but it does nothing good for anyone.

31 Likes

“If I become president, we’re all going to be saying Merry Christmas again, that I can tell you.”

Is he going to compel every business to compel their employees to say “Merry Christmas?” That would make for a very quick loss in the federal courts.

18 Likes

> "I have one of the most successful Starbucks, in Trump Tower. Maybe we should boycott Starbucks? I don’t know. Seriously, I don’t care. By the way, that’s the end of that lease, but who cares?"

well that’s a weird economic contradiction…

Trump said during a campaign event in Illinois on Monday. "If I become president, we’re all going to be saying Merry Christmas again, that I can tell you."

Humbug’s producers got the wrong man to play Scrooge.

4 Likes

Yea the words of a frump would get a 70 year habit of saying “Have Fun” rather than Good Morning, Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Easter, Have A Nice Day, etc instantly change …

… guess this would be his full employment scheme, having to hire all those store monitors, at least one per employee would be required. Let alone all the monitors that would be required everywhere a person may be in contact with another.

1 Like

Flailing and fading–more’s the pity.

Red Coffee Cups, Almost Hitting Mother in the head with a hammer.WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE ?

11 Likes

“If I become president…”

I don’t think that’s a legitimate concern at this point.

10 Likes
"If I become president, we're all going to be saying Merry Christmas again, that I can tell you."

If you become President, we’re all going to be saying “We are fucked!” every day of the year.

19 Likes

12 Likes

Merry Teavangelical Trump Christmas!!!

12 Likes

The Government cannot endorse a religion, see top of Bill of Rights. He cannot force businesses to say Merry Christmas.

what a maroon

4 Likes

19 Likes

The Donald must own stock in Starbucks. I can’t thing of a better way to drive sales up then for Trump to call for a boycott.

8 Likes

One of the most populous states in the union consistently returns these two knuckleheads to office.

Such a scenario writ large isn’t beyond the realm of possibility. Get out your map, everything south of the Mason-Dixon and half of what’s west of the Mississippi is Loonville.

1 Like

Rightie Dumbazzes’ : "NO SNOWFLAKES!!! ___ War on Christmas!!!

Starbucks: " :eight_spoked_asterisk::eight_spoked_asterisk::eight_spoked_asterisk::eight_spoked_asterisk:Ho! Ho! Ho! Here ya’ go! And now SHADDUP!:eight_spoked_asterisk::eight_spoked_asterisk::eight_spoked_asterisk::eight_spoked_asterisk:"

Hold on, as the season progresses the Rightie Wingnuttery and Fundie TEAlibangelicals will ramp up their celebration of the “Prince of Peace” with more howls of righteous indignation, imagined persecution, promised protests and threats of violence over absolutely nothing…if they don’t get their way.
All will be encouraged by the Outrage Machine that IS FOX News and the assorted radio hatemongers.

BTW: "Merry Winter Solstice / Yule / Saturnalia / etc. YOU THIEVING CHRISTIAN BASTARDS!" ___ Pagans and Atheists everywhere!

8 Likes

Jawohl, Herr Doktor Burgermeister Meisterburger.

2 Likes

What the heck is wrong with these people? If you want to say Merry Christmas than fine, but it is not a war on your beliefs if a company decides to be more inclusive. Not to mention most of the decor and everything is Christmas related anyway.

Way to take a stand fundie Christians. Inequality is just the way it is, poor people deserve their lot and so on, but this. This is just not Christian.

5 Likes