Discussion: Trump: 'Excellent Preliminary Meeting' With Schumer, 'Making Progress'

And they have no intention of doing so. They will not release the captives so there is no incentive to allow another extension.

Hold firm it is the only way.

2 Likes

Trump makes a statement and everyone else yawns and says “What…everrrrr.”

1 Like

Trump: ‘Excellent Preliminary Meeting’ With Schumer, ‘Making Progress’

Translation: Trump is absolutely desperate for a deal to avert a Shutdown that will dominate the coverage and poison the narrative of his one-year anniversary. He’ll sign whatever comes to his desk, as long as he gets a few fig leaves to cover his tiny package.

Dems, stand your ground! Make the GOPers in Congress choose:

DACA deal now, or eat a fat #ShitholeShutdown.

4 Likes

Sorry but as I freeze my buns off here in NY, I dream of playing golf. Of course I’m not busy being President.

1 Like

By the way, whose idea was it to make the potential Shutdown coincide exactly with the presidents first anniversary in office?

Whoever it was, the Democrats should give them an award. The optics of a Shutdown just as Trump is trying to celebrate his one year anniversary would be simply awful for Trump…and he knows it (I wonder how much he’s raged about this in private once he realized that’s how it was all shaping up – “McConnell stabbed me in the back!!! And where were you people??? You all swore to me that the Democrats would cave!!!”)

In any event, it’s a significant piece of additional leverage that the Democrats would not otherwise have.

That’s gotta piss off Trump, bigly.

6 Likes

Mac. Big Mac.

11 Likes

Does every effing thing in Trump’s mind have to go through “Security and our great Military”?

1 Like

Govern? What’s that? The GOP (and t-rump) are dedicated to wrecking government, wrecking the USA. Who needs to govern. Their idea of running things is bullying and blackmail and inaction. Oh, and blaming The Other, be s/he a Democrat, African American, Illegal (or legal) immigrant, or Gay. Its alway’s the victim’s fault in conservative-world.

1 Like

Approximately 3 million Americans died during Trump’s first year as President.
How many were caused by immigration “Security” issues and deficiencies of “our great Military”?

This is just part of the kabuki theater and gaslighting.

Today: “Look how nice I’m being and how good I am at trying to reach a bipartisan solution.”

Monday or before: “Schumer blew up the meetings when he did X. He and the Dems own the shutdown.”

5 Likes

Gapers holding Secretary of State positions will have all 6 million of them removed from the voter rolls by November.

5 Likes

He won’t limit himself to blaming the Democrats. He’ll throw his own party under the bus while he’s at it.

He may wait all the way until Tuesday to do it.

5 Likes

There should have been a budget bill in July or earlier. The failure is on the GOP. They have the majority.

5 Likes

I want a looooooong shutdown… just to force Trump to stay in Washington for weeks… weekend tweets are going to be something to behold…

5 Likes

Didn’t he already say he would sign anything they put in front of him?

I take it as a good sign that Freedom Caucus aides are going into conniptions over today’s events. Trump’s most loyal toadies are the ones expecting him to fold.

2 Likes

I want the tweets to stop being covered.

Thnaks, MSM, for helping to dumb down America.

1 Like

Why is a wall between Mexico and the US so important?

2 Likes

It’s pretty clear by now that the man will say anything, he is not to be trusted.

2 Likes

For Trump? It got 62 million Americans to vote for him.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available