Discussion: Trump Doesn't Want To Watch 'Boring' Dem Debates, But He Will If He Has To

Yeah, he won’t watch. Sure.

Now match up the timestamps on his tweets tonight with whoever is onscreen at the time. You will be able to calibrate his level of fear by the number of tweets directed at that person.

Also, the betting pool is now open.

27 Likes

I thought his intent, as per a recent tweet, was to “live-tweet” the debates. What happened to that little scheme?

14 Likes

The National Weather Service is predicting a Class V Tweetstorm for the overnight hours of June 26.

Residents are warned to prepare for side-splitting laughter and significant froth.

19 Likes

Oh, FFS. He won’t watch (no attention span for that length of time) but he WILL be tuned into running commentary from Faux Noise with soundbites that he can use to create derogatory and demeaning tweets.

Wonder if he’s already got a list of potential nicknames all lined up.

20 Likes

We know with confidence that he won’t be preparing for the Summit. Too boring.

16 Likes

Via Seattle Daughter

23 Likes

Trump Doesn’t Want To Watch ‘Boring’ Dem Debates, But He Will If He Has To

Now, that is something I can agree with him. But like always, he is lying and will be watching and tweeting about it.

2 Likes

It’s past his bedtime. Sundowning is sick (and bad)!

4 Likes

I’ll bet his handlers will have confiscated his phone because they have no idea whether he’ll start WWIII in Iran “just ot show 'em!!” if someone happens to let loose a “spineless chicken” comment during the debates.

8 Likes

What, the thought of back-to-back ten-participant joint press conferences doesn’t excite you?

These colossal “debates” are flagrantly idiotic.

6 Likes

He’s gonna “hate-watch” the debates and Tweet his thumbs off. It will be his first exposure to criticism in a while. He lives a sheltered life. Should be pretty upsetting.

7 Likes

Of course he’ll watch, he’ll want to count how many times his name is mentioned.
Now if only he had to take a drink every time his name is mentioned then that would be webcam worth watching.

6 Likes

I rather think they’ll be too busy cogitating the answers to such weighty questions as: “Can you think of anything nice to say about your opponent? Or some such.

7 Likes

I don’t see this happening but it would be great if he isn’t even mentioned.

4 Likes

That is fantastic!

3 Likes

“Everyone said I’ll be tweeting. I’ll actually be on a plane and it just seems very boring, but I’m gonna watch it because I have to,” he said. “That’s part of my life, you know, it’s part of my life."

Such the martyr. I only wish he would fall on his sword.

7 Likes

Can they put a USS John McCain hat on it?

10 Likes
Trump will be on his way to Japan for the G-20 summit while the first round of Democratic debates airs on Wednesday evening. Trump was reportedly set to live-tweet the debates, but it seems that might be up in the air.

I see what you did there.

5 Likes

Maybe in 2024 the DNC can arrange for a thirty-second group hug before each event, then move on to asking interesting policy questions with several tricky answers but no perfect ones.

Alas, I may make myself laugh so hard that I hurt myself.

4 Likes