Discussion: Trump Disputes Democrats' Claim They Reached Agreement To Restore DACA

Steve King:

@RealDonaldTrump If AP is correct, Trump base is blown up, destroyed, irreparable, and disillusioned beyond repair. No promise is credible.

He´s certainly about the last sentence. If he´s right about the first sentence, I´d be pleasantly surprised. But I have my doubts.

1 Like

This deal would be a smart move on Trump’s part, given the very strong support for Dreamers among the public. That’s why it’s hard to believe he made it. But we shall see.

Watching Morning Joe this morning you’d think Trump was the 2nd Coming oh he’s a deal maker, he gave the Repubs 7 months and now he’s out there taking charge and making deals with the Dems.

WTF?!

To paraphrase Lawrence O’Donnell last night, it’s not a deal if you just agree to whatever the other side demands/asks.

I agree with the poster here, who always says that, Trump will sign anything that is put in front of him as long as he gets to declare himself a winner.

5 Likes

Wait a damned minute!! Are you telling me that you can’t take Trump at his word? Holy crap!!

8 Likes

Hmmmmm…is it just me or does “massive border security” not necessarily equate to “wall”??

Someone is weaseling and if I had to point a finger to whom I’d point toward 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

(And, why, yes, you can repair an old fence and rename it “a grand glorious wall,” according to Donnie & Co.)

2 Likes

Can we trust Trump on any promise he makes? I doubt it.

3 Likes

Democrats are befuddling

• either they have a really really clever strategy ( and it would have to be super & super simple clever - because Trump’s base does not process any clever that is at all complex)
    or
  • once a gain they foolishly slipped back into thinking that underneath it all Trump is a reasonable rational intelligent person who will ultimately behave in a ‘fair play’ manner that serves the best interests of the country

Trump two faced?
I’ll be more astonished when the sun rises tomorrow.

Believing a word that comes out of this pathological loser’s mouth is a litmus test for stupidity.

1 Like

Exactly. If the basic framework of the announced deal is correct,Dems gave up nothing.

2 Likes

“Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!..”

Don’t remember him asking that at any of his MAGA campaign rallies.

3 Likes

From Donny-John
The WALL, which is already under construction in the form of new renovation of old and existing fences and walls, will continue to be built.
In other words , they are repairing the shit that is all ready there .
ROFLMFAO .

2 Likes

He’s not disputing what Chuck and Nancy said. They said they agreed to increased border security, PP said border security would be increased. They said they’d reached a deal, he didn’t dispute that nor did he say anything about the need to include wall funding. He only added that it would need to go through the legislative process. I’m pretty sure that’s what Chuck and Nancy want too.

1 Like

And Trump’s sterling reputation for telling the truth is so stellar we can all take him at his word, can we not?

Basically if you are going to conduct a transaction / settle on a specific negotiated agreement with Trump - it probably should be done in a large glass box - or Macy’s largest display window - on live television with a signed written text of agreement composed of words on 1 or 2 syllables - and even then - 9 times out of 10 - the son-of-a-bitch will try to drastically alter the terms.

2 Likes

In order for something to happen once again, it had to have happened before. So far, they’ve gotten everything they’ve asked for in every negotiation with him (the first continuing resolution, the second one that’s paired with a three month debt limit increase, and now this).

And I don’t understand the logic that Dems have somehow lost something if he reneges on the deal. Breitbart and various other conservative rags are now declaring war on the administration. If PP reneges there’ll no longer be any pressure on them to work with him, to give bipartisanship a chance, because they can just point to this and say, “We tried, he lied, we’re done.” Going back on this deal is far more trouble for him than anything, and I can’t figure out what that could possibly be, negative that could come out of it for Democrats.

4 Likes

I kinda doubt Chuck and Nancy raced to put out a joint statement at 10:00 at night because they were taking him at his word. Quite the contrary. To me, it sounds like they were trying to box him in.

6 Likes

So this is how long it took to go from “I’m a winner because I stabbed Ryan and McConnell in the back by agreeing with democrats” to “Agreeing with democrats would make me a loser, so I’m not going to do that.”