Discussion: Trump Dismisses Concerns On 'Respect' For Putin: US Isn't 'So Innocent' Either

So Trump blames America first, and offers excuses for Russian murder.

Imagine if a Democrat did that.

36 Likes

ā€œA lot of killers. Weā€™ve got a lot of killers,ā€ Trump said.

Sounds to me like heā€™s bragging.

15 Likes

Hmmā€¦ ā€œapology tourā€? Maybe ā€œapology Touretteā€™sā€ in his case.

11 Likes

A lot of killers. Weā€™ve got a lot of killers," Trump said. ā€œWhat, you think our countryā€™s so innocent?ā€

Can you imagine the outrage the demands for Obama to step down by the Right had he said anything even remotely like this.

30 Likes

IOW, Russians will lend me money, Americans wonā€™t.

12 Likes

Or perhaps the unapologetic bad guy tour.

2 Likes

The Presidentā€™s comments are really bizarre and deranged.

16 Likes

I think that if being dead and still on the voter rolls is illegal then some one some where would have made a big stink out of it. Someone correct me if Iā€™m wrong but being dead and still on the voter roll is not illegal? And if you are dead how are they going to arrest you, hold you in custody, and what can the authorities to the dead?

8 Likes

ā€œBut them fuckinā€™ Australianā€™sā€¦ā€

5 Likes

Iā€™m sorry ā€“ I didnā€™t quite hear that.
What was Donnie saying about ā€œAmerican Exceptionalismā€?

Patriotism, Trump-style:
Defend Putin by throwing America under the bus.

17 Likes

Damn that Dodd-Frank, or is it oneā€™s shady history of brankruptcies?

3 Likes

ā€œThen why did your own lawyers - paid for by your campaign - claim there was no fraud or irregularities in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania - that seems at odds with your claim nowā€ - what a journalist wouldā€™ve asked.

6 Likes

From 1945 until the fall of communism, one of the favorite tropes of the American right wing was the alleged liberal propensity to excuse Soviet Russian brutality by referring to our own shortcomings. And it didnā€™t end with the fall of communism, as conservative screeching about ā€œapology toursā€ continued through Obamaā€™s two terms.

Now, as with everything else about Trump and conservatives, reality is turned upside-down. And we shouldnā€™t fool ourselves that ā€œweā€™ve got a lot of killersā€ wonā€™t send an electric thrill up the spines and into the reptilian brains of Trump votersā€”they chanted for Hillary to be executed, they openly threatened members of the media with lynching, and theyā€™ll rejoice in Trumpā€™s straightforward, unapologetic assertion that weā€™re badass killers too.

Donā€™t be surprised if Trump follows the model of the Night Wolves. Theyā€™re the perfect model of extra-military goons that Putin has put to good use, and there are many thousands of bikers in the U.S. who would like nothing better than to crack our skulls, especially if they get paid by the government the way the Night Wolves have been subsidized. If it ever comes to pass, rank-and-file bikers will be the core of Trumpā€™s brown shirts, and the most vicious will join whatever the Trumplican equivalent of the SS is. Given the extent of white supremacist/Nazi penetration of American law enforcement, how certain are we that there would be meaningful attempts by LEOs to control Trumplican biker gangs?

If you think the previous paragraph is overheated, paranoid speculation, I understand, but how many of us would have thought for one second a year ago that weā€™d be here in this situation now?

Alexander Zaldostanov would be Putinā€™s logical emissary to American biker gangs, and since heā€™s openly advocated ā€œdeath to faggots,ā€ he would be a huge hit with Evangelical Christianists as well. Tony Perkins and Ralph Reed in particular would be stiff with excitement to meet him.

14 Likes

Yes, I can imagine, there would be a dozen Congressional investigations and r/w head explosions.

3 Likes

Or even worse, what if Obama had heard Reverend Wright say it!

10 Likes

So eloquent - canā€™t wait to not watch this

2 Likes

He should compare Putinā€™s invasion of Crimea with Bush IIā€™s invasion of Iraq. It could actually be interesting to watch that discussion unfold.

5 Likes

Most people hear about Putinā€™s history of allegedly imprisoning or murdering critical journalists and are horrified.

Donald becomes overwhelmed with awe and envy.

18 Likes

Iā€™m not a lawyer, nor do l play one on TV, but lā€™d bet itā€™s that credit risk thing.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available