Discussion: Trump Defends RNC Address: 'It Was An Optimistic Speech'

1 Like

Black is white, too.

5 Likes

I kinda think Tim Russert would have asked Trump about Putin’s political and financial assistance…

10 Likes

More than 3 months to talk about that, the media needs to make a living…

1 Like

I’ve got the best words, because they mean whatever I want them to! Lies are true, bleak dystopian futures are fun for the whole family… and the best part is, that means you can’t hold me to the meaning of anything!

11 Likes

I’m optimistic because I think it seals the deal on Donnie Dipshit’s run for the presidency… and it will mark him as a LOSER!!!

and a whiner when he starts complaining the election was rigged…

8 Likes

“I, alone, can fix your dog”.

14 Likes

So sick of this guy. Never thought I’d miss John McCain on Sunday mornings.

11 Likes

Anybody see the too appropriate Trump bit in Sasha Baron Cohen’s newest non PC comedy ‘The Brothers Grimsby’?

Elect Trump or die.

Optimistic in the same vein as a mobster telling you to pay 10% or else…

9 Likes

Optimistic, as compared to getting ready to jump off a bridge?

4 Likes

Optimistic in the same sense that Marshall Applewhite’s “Heaven’s Gate” prophecy was optimistic.

3 Likes

Just wait for the pessimistic Trump, a sight to behold and fear !

3 Likes

“Nice country you have there. Be a shame if something happened to it.”

5 Likes

It was optimistic and sexually thrilling for Putin, yes.

5 Likes

i’m sure joni ernst could do a fine job as well.

Look at that picture. Does Trump actually believe there are people who think he has a full head of hair?

7 Likes

I think the ratings from that speech/convention are not what the networks thought they would be.Just watching a discussion about Rodger Ailes and "faux news ? ",his(Ailes) and their (faux) influence on the upcoming election .Quite interesting.

Chuck Todd,Donald Trump together not conducive to keep ones breakfast down on a Sunday morning.

3 Likes

From within Trump’s funhouse-mirror perspective, this is a fair reply. He kept restating that he could solve all these problems–apparently just by having the power of the presidency vested in his awesome self–so, if anything, it was optimistic to a fault.

The thing is, it’s the wrong question. The issue isn’t whether the speech was pessimistic or optimistic, it’s whether it was cynically mendacious, demagogic fear-mongering. And I think parties other than Trump are more likely to be informative on that question.

4 Likes

That’s why God invented Mimosas and Bellinis.

3 Likes