Discussion: Trump Claims He Couldn't Have Known About Flynn's Sketchiness. Well, He Did

Happy Vacation!

1 Like

Where can I get me one?! The hat, for sure, but a stable genius for president?

3 Likes

Obama fired Flynn. Trump considered that a major qualification. His whole administration has been infused with the need to outdo Obama and undo everything Obama did.
I can easily believe we’re up to 50,000 lies. Poor ‘truth’ is being beaten to shreds by Trump.

4 Likes

just a hint … as per the hat …

those that actually are … have no need or use to wear one –

And I would welcome an incoming pres. who admits to being
ignorant … of certain things —

1 Like

So Barr is the newer version of Powell, eh? http://law2.wlu.edu/deptimages/Powell%20Archives/PowellMemorandumTypescript.pdf

In telling Trump, Obama failed to use enough pictures or mention Trump’s name enough times to get and retain his attention.

1 Like

Plus, there is Trump’s obsession with Generals (trumped only by his obsession for dictators). But I agree that the Obama firing of Flynn made him irresistible to Trump. Could someone please point out to Trump that Obama breathed air? Maybe Trump will try to stop doing so, just to show 'em.

1 Like

I know, right? Who woulda thunkit?

And even with this being the case, they at least somewhat get away with it (even if only for a little while). In the end, I hope that it comes back to bite them, but it has basically worked for Trump for his entire useless existence.

3 Likes

Yes, and yes.

He’s not even very good at lying …

My take exactly. Trump was afraid Comey knew about that call and wanted to establish that he himself knew nothing about it at the time.

1 Like

1 Like

Hey he did great in the gas station business he had with his brother that was backed by russians.

Until it went bankrupt in imitation of his Orange King. Public money had to be used for site remediation.

2 Likes

Your math is very good and faster than my Texas Instruments TI-1000.

1 Like

He looked into his eyes and saw his soul. What more do you want?

Somebody should let Trump know that Barr does not approve of divorce.

1 Like

Two sentences in this article are especially provocative, and not only that, they’re erroneous. Here they are:

Trump expressed to Comey that Flynn had “serious judgment issues” when Trump learned that Flynn hadn’t told him about a phone call he received from a foreign world leader back in May 2016. The Wall Street Journal later reported that the leader in question was Russian President Vladimir Putin.

If that was true, that Putin was calling Flynn in May 2016, it would be yet more evidence of . . . collusion.

The only problem is, the Wall Street Journal article never says, suggests or hints that Putin called Flynn in 2016. What it DOES say is this: Putin called Flynn shortly after Trump’s 2017 inauguration, to congratulate Trump, and that Flynn didn’t tell the president about the call for 6 days, and the president was furious about that time gap. Flynn apparent informed Trump of Putin’s call during a lunch Trump was having with British Prime Minister Theresa May.

This article misstates both a James Comey memo and a Wall Street Journal story. A correction is necessary, TPM.

Yikes!

Trump was clearly warned about Flynn’s sketchiness after he was elected. Trump did nothing until it became public.

But his claim here is that he was not told in the period between winning the GOP nomination and winning the Electoral College. But during that period Obama was in discussions with McConnell seeking a.bipartisan public revelation of the Russian interventions. Trump was almost certainly told about those discussions.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available