Discussion: Trump Charity Gave $100K To Citizens United Group Suing AG He Opposed

2 Likes

Obviously someone tricked Trump into making that donation, just like Larry King tricked him into the interview on the state-owned Russian television network.

18 Likes

Hello, American Media.

Anyone home?

Helllloooo??

31 Likes

I don’t see why this donation would be questionable from a legal standpoint. Lawyers?

2 Likes

Donald Trump’s charitable foundation gave a whopping $100,000 to a conservative group pursuing legal action against the New York attorney general at the same time that office was conducting a fraud probe into Trump University, Yahoo News reported Friday.

When I saw the story title, I was hoping that the AG was Bondi. Yes its stupid for me to believe that, but his blatant nature continues to bothers me. Has anyone talked to the AP yet? According to them, both sides do these things often.

4 Likes

14 Likes

In other words, the “charity” is nothing more than a political slush fund.

25 Likes

Hello, Ted Cruz.

Anyone home?

Helllloooo??

2 Likes

bad optics/influencing policy

the two things that he’s ‘kvetching’ about Clinton being guilty of.

3 Likes

"According to Yahoo, the revelation about Trump’s donation to the Citizens United Foundation “could raise fresh questions about whether Trump has used his tax-exempt charity to further political and personal causes.”

Ya think?

21 Likes

According to Yahoo, the revelation about Trump’s donation to the Citizens United Foundation “could raise fresh questions about whether Trump has used his tax-exempt charity to further political and personal causes.”

Yahoo? This is what so-called American Journalism has sunk too? Yahoo?

6 Likes

Charlie Robinson is a good journalist.

I’d like to thank Google for reminding me to always make sure to get people’s last names right.

2 Likes

Time for some super-pac ads about “Crooked Donald”.

Seriously, I swear that the right wing may very well be the text book case for group projection…

5 Likes

Donald Trump’s charitable foundation gave a whopping $100,000 to a conservative group pursuing legal action against the New York attorney general at the same time that office was conducting a fraud probe into Trump University, Yahoo News reported Friday.

Poor Pubbies. Now Pubbies have a second fire to put out. Never heard of the Clinton Foundation making illegal contributions like that.

5 Likes

Every time Bondi’s name is mentioned it should be noted that he also bribed the Texas AG.

13 Likes

Not familiar with him, but I’ll take your word for it…

It happened to come as the Citizens United foundation, which is part of a GOP activist network run by Trump’s newly-hired deputy campaign manager, David Bossie, was pursuing a lawsuit against Attorney General Eric Schneiderman for his efforts to require nonprofit groups to disclose the identity of their donors. That suit has since been dismissed.

oh i wonder what will she say today?

6 Likes

Trump: All legal. Money is after all free speech and I have plenty to say.

2 Likes

Wait…you mean "pay to play "…?

3 Likes

I think the term in question here is “charitable” contributions.

If you assume that Donald J. Trump is the beneficiary, then yes, his contributions are indeed charitable.

If you assume he gives to good causes out of the kindness of his heart…not so much:

3 Likes