Discussion: Trump Camp Tries To Clarify ‘I Love War’ Remark Resurfaced In New Super PAC Ad (VIDEO)

1 Like

Dear FSM,

Please do not let this tiny-fingered vulgarian get closer to anything more powerful than a firecracker.

Thank you,

Planet Earth.

30 Likes

Rule of Acquisition 34 “War is good for business”.

See, Trump was just quoting his version of the Bible…

13 Likes

Trump couldn’t “clarify” a chair.

13 Likes

What I meant by I love war is that as a boy I always saw myself leveling cities as a great General. And now I’m close to having the biggest G.I. Joe force ever known to man. I just want to play is all, I don’t see what the big deal is sheesh.

18 Likes

He’d have been tossed off of the Tower of Commerce long ago for his repeated bankruptcies.

10 Likes

KAC, there is a special cell in Hell waiting just for you. I’m not joking, lady – it’s true. Make good of the few years you’ve got left.

8 Likes

The truth or falsity of this ad doesn’t concern me much. I’m not that interested in whether Trump loves or does not love war. It’s like worrying whether a toddler loves or does not love bleach. The point is you don’t give the toddler access to the bleach by leaving it in the cabinet under the sink so he can drink it if he feels like it one day.

42 Likes

Oh Kellyanne you are so FUNNY when you are in high dungeon about using ‘snippets’ to make your candidate look bad…hey sweetie…we CAN put up whole video segments showing what an ass he is…Then what? We’re too MEAN???

12 Likes

Very true. This is a man who doesn’t seem to be able to really make any money. I honestly think he’s terrified to release his tax returns because it’ll show he’s pretty much broke.

9 Likes

Simply admitting his desire to profit from the death of others.

Just telling like it is, in his own mind.

9 Likes

“cherry-picking little snippets”
I think Breitbart wrote the book on that…

13 Likes

I think the Clinton endgame has started. I have long thought that everything before Sept 1. would be like gentle love taps compared to the finale. Trump has given more ammunition than her campaign could possibly use. I expect to see new spots like this appearing several times a week.
The end will be like Sherman going to Atlanta—not pretty, but there will be a decisive victory.

20 Likes

Jesus Screaming Buddha on a Whole Wheat Cracker!

Go read the “Politifact” article. They rate it “half-true” because it “lacked context,” but when you read the “context,” it’s even worse–and I mean, much, much worse to any informed person–than the goddamned snippit in the ad! And they do this knowing full well that the only takeaway, or snippit, if you will, anyone will take from their “fact-check” is “half-true.”

34 Likes

God, I hope you’re right.

Now I’m worried that it, and others that follow, will be seen as way over the top and therefor should just be ignored. Actually, this one does feel over the top. Nobody will take it seriously and there is a real risk of it being labelled as “both sides do it now.” I’m not certain that this kind of ad helps Clinton as much as it could hurt her.

"I’d have to see the entire snippet there but obviously many commanders in chief have made the very difficult decision to go to war," she said.

I want her to name those C-I-C’s

from the Politifact post

In the speech, Trump theorized that former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein feigned having weapons of mass destruction to scare neighboring Iran, before briefly sidetracking into his feelings on war generally.

that’s not how that war started…

“This is the Trump theory on war,” he said. "But I’m good at war. I’ve had a lot of wars of my own.

lawsuits shouldn’t be considered on the same level as armed warfare.

I’m really good at war. I love war in a certain way. But only when we win."

Maybe he should have borrowed from this NPR transcript.

I don’t oppose all wars. And I know that in this crowd today, there is no shortage of patriots, or of patriotism.

What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.

from the Politifact post (the link is mine)

Earlier in his speech, he railed against the decision to invade Iraq.

Side-note: this item is about SOFA.

3 Likes

Then run everything that he has said about warfare, terrorism and the middle east. If its seen as a ‘warts and all’ approach, so be it.

2 Likes

No surprising at all, since Drumpf’s notion of service during Vietnam was avoiding getting the clap.

6 Likes

First let me say it’s ridiculous to think the man knows anything about war. He sure as hell hated it when he was a candidate to fight in one. I think this ad comes from a fair premise. We already had one POTUS / Veep draft dodger duo that started wars hundreds of thousands of OTHER folks died in. Bush loved war too. Or what it did for his image.

I have served in war. I don’t know a sane person that has that would say they love it. Trump probably sees it as enemy dead all over the place. Victory. The smell of it in the morning. No soldier does. You put a dead kid from a state you’ve never been to in a rubber bag to go home to his mother and victory and honor are the last things on your mind.

Trump poses a military threat to the USA. Our General Officers know what going on. They allowed themselves to be conned in to the Iraq mess but I don’t think they’ll allow that shit again. If a President Trump asks them to prosecute another questionable or illegal war they aren’t going to do it. They are going to balk and wait for public outrage to bring the idiot in the White House to sanity. They won’t do it. That will create a crisis like none we’ve ever seen.

Elect Trump and you’ll get an attempt at war. He’s just like Bush in that regard. Vicarious thrills from being a “war president” and the bravery of the American combat soldier as his bravery. Vote for him and he’ll damn sure try it.

21 Likes