Discussion: Trump Camp Sending Fundraising Emails To Elected Officials In Multiple Countries

perplexing. The letter left me speechless

Trump may not make President but he’s already the world’s Nigerian email prince…

19 Likes

Oh, no, no, no, no! This is no accident. Yesterday, I was willing to say, okay, this is the first time and you’re new at this, etc., but, no: These solicitations are deliberate and illegal. Trump’s campaign needs to be fined for each and every solicitation. FEC, please, follow up on this – and FAST.

16 Likes

Seriously…I’ve seen middle-school class president campaigns better run than this dumpster fire.

5 Likes

Tim Watts, an Australian member of parliament, told TPM’s John Marshall on Twitter that …

Ms. MacNeal, you may want to correct Josh’s name here.

6 Likes

17 Likes

A shanda fur die goyim. Republicans, by putting this Creamsicle fuckclown front and center on the world stage you have demonstrated the depth of American idiocy to an entire generation of world leaders. Do you know how many years it’ll take us to live this down?

3 Likes

When you think about it, an America First campaign actively alienating other governmental officials around the world isn’t terribly surprising. A bunch of ungrateful foreigners complaining is red meat for the campaign’s base.

I agree that the FEC should do something about this NOW. Perhaps as usual they’re waiting until after the election to do something, but then actually take no action whatsoever because they’re so hamstrung making any decisions at all. It really is pathetic that this federal agency designed to protect our elections can’t even speak up and rule on clearly illegal shit like this. Maybe if those foreign political leaders lodged a complaint directly to the FEC instead of just complaining to their own governments…Even then, I wouldn’t hold my breath.

And to think this is the same group of people with tRump that complain about foreign contributions for the Clinton Foundation as part of some nefarious plan to get some personal advantage towards the election.

4 Likes

Does this mean he’s been turned down by every millionaire with a pulse in the US or is his campaign just that incompetent or both?

I wonder if Putin’s received his letter yet?

This is probably Manafort’s influence. My impression is he doesn’t have much respect for the laws in this area.

4 Likes

So. This clearly illegal activity is based on lists obtained from somewhere.

I assume that these lists weren’t obtained for free.

Therefore, I assume that whatever list broker the Rump campaign dealt with got paid for those lists. Whatever amount of money Rump claims to have gotten in the month of June is going to be an out and out lie unless it’s been verified by official sources.

Just when you thought it could not get worse…good place for this:

EDIT TO ADD: Manafort’s the campaign chair. Is he overseeing EVERYTHING on a daily basis? Does he have any people that he can trust to, you know, actually run a legitimate campaign??

5 Likes

Next Trump will sell his wife and daughter’s used panties to the highest bidder …

3 Likes

Funny we haven’t heard about the emails to the Duma. I would check up on that. The only (really crazy) explanation I have for this is that the “mistaken” spam emails are supposed to give cover for some much needed donations from around Putin. If caught, Trump will claim that this was part of his “honest mistake” as his defense.

5 Likes

Trump will just use this as an excuse not to pay whomever he got the list from, ignoring the fact that it is his campaign’s responsibility to vet and scrub the list before using it!

No self-respecting data geek uses raw data as is without first vetting it. (as a data geek, I know whereof I speak)

4 Likes

Hate to bring this up but an entire series of investigations were launched back in 1996, referred to as China-gate for similar donations made to the DNC by Chinese nationalists towards the Clinton re-election campaign. How is this not an issue that needs to be directly investigated and condemned by the Congress since it involves direct solicitation by the campaign itself?

6 Likes

Excellent point. I remember that “scandal” and how the Republicans bellyached for years about it. If Hillary had sent those solicitations out to all those foreign nationals, there would already be a committee in the House to investigate them. FEC, do your job!!

3 Likes

If corporations are citizens, and Non-US people can form US corporations…Then Non-US people can be citizens.

It was the most expensive investigation by Congress, exceeding that of Watergate, and even the Benghazi bullshit to date by about a 1/2 million dollars (but to quantify, that was in 1998 dollars).

2 Likes

Look, this guy (Donald “the draft dodging coward” Trump) and his family would fuck up pre-sweetened Kool-Aid.

You can just assume that anything he does will turn out wrong.

He is an incompetent loser, who has only scored wins when he resorts to unethical behavior.

This campaign could not get any more disgusting that this idiot is selling our political system and democratic election process to outside foreign investor to make a quick buck. We know where the money will go but to Trump’s bank accounts. But the fools and morons who support this charlatan and elixir medicine clown do not see and comprehend what fools he is making of them. It is one thing to say that Trump, with open arms, love his uneducated, but it is another to realize they are illiterates.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available