Discussion: Trump Camp And NV GOP Ordered To Appear In Court In Voter Intimidation Lawsuit

2 Likes

Best news I’ve heard so far today.

18 Likes

Yes, it’ll be interesting to see who appears and what evidence is submitted in light of the story here yesterday.

11 Likes

7 Likes

This is a situation in which I can’t see the court tolerating the usual dilatory, obstructionist legal tactics Trump is famous for. They’ll be taken to task right quick.

It’s a bit of a catch-22 for them too, because handing over a bunch of materials to “prove” that they were trying to get people to do it “right” might still be used against them in the other case that essentially is arguing that them doing it at all is a violation of the statutes and consent decree.

34 Likes

I love the violation of the KKK Act. Take that you Deplorable bunch of thugs!

17 Likes

You’ll feel even better once you learn more on the judge: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Franklin_Boulware_II

He’s by far the most qualified federal district court judge in the circuit to hear this matter. There’s a small number of trial level judges in the courts of the entire country who are at least arguable AS qualified, but quite possibly no other judge in the country is better than him at this.

Among this judge’s particular advantages is his PhD work in sociology & the perspective he obtained from a number of years spent prosecuting white collar crime cases. The Trump campaign will cheat on this hearing, because Trump & Trump organizations have a history of cheating the courts & the public on document production going back almost half a century. Often Trump has got away with that conduct; he won’t this time - this judge will be all over that sort of behavior.

On a related note, this judge being assigned this particular case will have positive fall-out for the district court hearing in New Jersey on the DNC’s application to extend the order that limits Republicans in their monitoring of election polling activity.

41 Likes

I am THRILLED that the Federal Judiciary is showing integrity leading up to the election. Unlike the FBI.

19 Likes

Trump will have to convene a special joint session of Congress in his first hour in office and have these judges removed.

8 Likes

Thanks for posting the link.

Federal judges are usually no nonsense types.

5 Likes

Actually, the court system is neutral and can’t act on its own. It’s the DNC who is leading the charge.

5 Likes

3 Likes

He’s black. Trump will probably say he’s biased.

8 Likes

I didn’t say it was. My point was precisely that Judge Boulware is exhibiting rigorous impartiality. Again, unlike the FBI.

4 Likes

I don’t think this is the pivot Donnie was looking for…

5 Likes

Crooked Trumpy!!

6 Likes

Let the whining begin!

8 Likes

@tena

It’s all of one piece, The candidate endorsed by the Ku Klux Klan violates the Ku Klux Klan Act.

You would think that this should create some clarity.

8 Likes

Are we all assuming that the documents submitted will match the documents they used in training?

3 Likes

Trump: "This suit has no merits! It’s pronounced Neh-VAH-dah!

4 Likes