Discussion: Trump Brags About Classified Syrian Battle At Manhattan Fundraiser

Trump is not a republican. Never was. His followers - his cult - are no longer republicans, if they ever were. I’ll bet a good chunk of them voted for the first time in 2016, and will never vote again. As Sparrowhawk points out, the real republicans are abandoning the party. Trump and his cult are the republicans’ Frankenstein.

As for Mueller - yeah, I think he’s got the goods on the whole lot of them. Foreign money funneled into the RNC and directly to republican candidates will be exposed. You really think Mitch and his boys can push a Pence agenda after the shit hits the fan? And I do think it will be hitting the fan before the mid-term.

Evangelicals don’t give a shit about Pence, really. They’ve shown their true colors when they jumped on the Trump bandwagon and refused to jump off, even when they see it’s taking them straight to hell. Besides, when the real republicans stay home or vote Democrat in the mid-term, there won’t be enough evangelicals to elect a dog catcher.

Trump’s cult will still exist when he’s gone. But it will be a very long time before we see another Trump - and these yahoos won’t vote for anything less. Dog whistles to the haters and racists won’t be enough anymore.

They almost pulled it off. Still might. But I’m putting my money on Mueller and my fellow citizens who won’t stand for any more of this shit. Trump, Pence, McConnell et al cannot do anything that “We the People” do not allow.

2 Likes

Great post. I think we will see a big shift of Republicans start to identify themselves as Independent and start to vote for Democrats. They can’t admit to being a Democrat, but they certainly don’t want to identify as a Republican anymore (ie someone who was conned by Trump) Same thing happened the other way around as the Reagan Democrats first identified themselves as independents but voted Republican.

2 Likes

[quote=“dangnewt, post:62, topic:72835, full:true”]
Great post. I think we will see a big shift of Republicans start to identify themselves as Independent and start to vote for Democrats.[/quote]

And yet there is no empirical evidence to support that. Hell, I’ve been hearing that fantastical claim my entire life! It didn’t happen in '72, '84, '88, '04 or '16. It sure as hell isn’t happening now. Here is an immutable fact about Republican’ts who start identifying as Independents: They still overwhelming continue to vote Republican’t.

“Reagan Democrats” became Republican’ts because of racism. Period. The fact that Reagan kicked off his campaign in Philadelphia, MS, mere miles from where the Freedom Summer workers Chaney, Goodman and Schwerner were brutally murdered, with a speech about “States Rights” is all the evidence one needs for that.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available